27

"Where are you going?" Angelina's voice sounds through the darkness making me jump.

"Ced's," I whisper back

"Don't get caught," she whispers back as I slip out of our dorm. A shiver over takes my form as I grab the invisibility cloak from Harry's dorm, scribbling him a note incase he looks for it.

I push the door to the Hufflepuff 6th year boys dorm open, quickly feeling at ease from the sound of gentle snores and easy breathing escaping the boys, creeping to Cedric's bed and dropping the cloak from my shoulders. I move the duvet snuggling under it and shuffling until I'm comfy next to him on the mattress.

"Why am I not surprised to see you here?" A familiar voice whispers into the darkness, I can't stop the grin as I shuffle, turning around as a pair of arms reach out to hold me gently.

"How are you?" I whisper back my hand reaching out to gently stroke his cheek

"Better now you are here," he responds gently

"I'm so proud of you Ced," I whisper, leaning in to press a kiss to his lips

"I love you," he whispers back

"I love you," I return gently.

"I'm scared," he admits quietly, his hands gripping me like he's scared to let go.

"You're going to be just fine," I assure "better than  fine, you'll do great Ced I swear"

"Promise you'll be here, no matter what,"

"I promise," I assure, "you should get some sleep," I add, he nods in the darkness a kiss to my forehead before silent and darkness over his word us.

***

George's hand in mine is all I can focus on. The warm breeze wraps around us as we sit on the very front row. He's talking quietly to Uncle Remus and Mr and Mrs Diggory who are sat with us, George only allowed in the victor section as I clearly needed the moral support.

Time seems to drag and last forever as the large screens project each victor moving through the maze. Every time Cedric comes onto the screen my breath hitches, my heart stopping. I can't bare to look at the screen, can't bare to listen to the tortured screams of Fleur, nor her sobs when she eventually exits the maze.

"Hey, he's going to be alright," Amos smiles kindly to me

"Yeah, I'm just- It's not that I doubt him, he's amazing, it's just-I-" I struggle to find the words

"Oh sweetheart I know exactly how you feel," his mother smiles gently, reaching to squeeze my shoulder. "You know I've heard so much about you, and you're somehow better then all the stories combined," she adds

"Oh I doubt it, he probably sells me better than I am,"

"No, you were the beautiful gryffindor girl that Justin and Ben teased him about for years, and then one letter you were his new friend who I could tell he had feelings for just by the way he spoke about you. Then you became the girl who visited at work and finally said yes and then you were the girl he had to have the perfect ball with. Then you became the girl who broke his heart and yet the minute I heard what you did I liked you even more because I knew that you weren't just making him happy, you cared about him and that's all the matters to a mother. Then you were the girl he wanted so badly and he lost because despite it all my son is stupid. And now, now you're the beautiful girl he loves more than anything else, you're good for him,"

"He's an amazing guy, I really do love him,"

"I know, I know you love my boy because right now I look at you and I see him and when he comes out of that maze I will look at him and I will see you," she smiles.