Telephone

Kuvira was pacing back and forth, wondering where she went wrong. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was deep in thought. She was sure there was no way to infiltrate Zaofu. The city was sealed at night and with her as head of the guards it was impossible to slip past. Kuvira had worked hard at making sure the city was a safe place, and now she felt like a failure. She felt like she had disappointed not only herself and the avatar, but her mentor as well. A small knock on her door drove her attention away from pacing. Her arms fell to her side.

"Come in," she said. Suyin walked into the room and carefully shut the door behind her. Kuvira's heart dropped. "Su, I'm so sorry," she started. Su immediately wrapped her arms around the younger woman. Even though Kuvira almost never accepted physical contact, Su was her exception.

"It's okay. Avatar Korra is safe, and I know you did your best. As of right now we think it's best if she leaves Zaofu. We don't want the red lotus coming for her again." Kuvira pushed Su back. She was angry. Her only job had been to protect the avatar and if she couldn't do that, then she was worthless. The younger woman started putting on the rest of her uniform. "Kuvira, what are you doing?"

"I'm going out to check the perimeters. It's my fault something slipped through. I should be the one to face it," she replied through gritted teeth. Su sighed deeply. The older woman knew her inside and out. She knew how Kuvira was feeling about the whole ordeal and was desperate to help.

"If it's a punishment you want, shouldn't I be the one to give it to you?" Her mentor's statement stopped Kuvira in her tracks. "What kind of punishment?" She wondered to herself. When she turned around, Su was right there already invading her personal space. She felt her heart beating out of her chest.

Kuvira had always admired the woman that had taken her in. But as she grew up those feelings turned from admiration to lust. She would spend her days wondering what it would be like to dominate the older woman, to have Su begging under her grip. During her one on one dance lessons she would get lost in the other woman's emerald green eyes often, only snapping out of her trance at the sound of Su's voice. There had even been a few times the older woman had caught her staring. She didn't ever say much about Kuvira's wandering eyes, she only smiled and blushed.

Su's feelings had changed over the years as well. She craved the attention Kuvira's eyes paid to her during their sessions. She knew that as the younger woman got older her views changed. Kuvira had been the student she always felt a special bond with. In all reality, Su favored her over others.

As Su stepped forward Kuvira stepped backwards until her back rested firmly against the metal doors. The cooling sensation of the metal made her shiver: Su leaned in to reach past the younger woman and lock the doors.

"W-What kind of punishment were you thinking?" Kuvira asked. Suyin's hand flew up to wrap gently around her neck and tilt her head upwards. She smirked and squeezed lightly.

"What do you think?" The older woman asked as her other hand rested on Kuvira's waist. She leaned in close enough so that her lips could graze Kuvira's, leaving the younger woman wanting more. Instead of pressing her lips to the other woman's she pressed them to her pale neck. Su placed kisses lightly all over her neck making Kuvira squirm under her grip. As the younger woman struggled, Suyin began leaving dark hickeys leading up to her ear. She took an ear lobe into her mouth and nibbled gently.

Kuvira was already a sweating mess. The nibbling sent chills down her spine and straight to her core. She wanted the older woman to get right to it and she wanted her to hold nothing back. When Suyin switched back to leaving love marks Kuvira said, "Aren't you going to punish me?" Su chuckled and tightened her grip on the younger woman's neck.