Chapter 25: A little tug of a bedazzled heart -I

Max Kuss' "Amur Waves", a Russian ballroom waltz was being played by the live orchestra on stage

Seokjin bowed and Jisoo curtsied to him, a soft smile was placed on each of their faces.

Usually they were two troublemakers who made a lot of jokes, their similar personalities in contrast to that of their serious ones was uncanny.

That may be the very reason why they seemed to both be lovers and best friends.

He held her by her tiny waist as the tunes went from up to low beats.

Their touch seems to electrify both of them despite the countless times they've held hands.

He looked at her like she was the only thing that mattered in the world, and it was true.

He risked everything for her, and he knew he'd do it all over again. Again and again and again until it sticks. Until she's safe, until she's happy, until she's loved.

Their hands were holding each other so softly, and their distance was close. Her red ball gown was moving ever so mesmerisingly to everyone who was watching them.

"You look gorgeous in red, babe" He whispers to her, and as he moves his head away, he felt his heart go fonder as she blushed and showed an emotion of shyness.

"You're one to talk" She says back as they turn and move one step to the front. A step to the back, and then to the sides.

They were looking at each other like it was the first time all over again. Like it had been when they were kids. Like it had been when they first promised to be each other's first love.

Despite everything that has happened, somewhere deep down, both of them truly hoped that it was..alright...to be...happy.

That it was alright to smile without worries, that it was alright to smile without anyone watching.

Because for a long time, he had hoped that, in their next lives, they both would be born as normal people. As normal people who are able to walk around the lit up streets of the city, wearing casual clothes, eating street food, going to theme parks.

He also desperately hoped that he'd find her in their next life, and if he didn't, he'd try over again. Over and over and over, until the next life and then till the next, till he finds her.

The stares people gave them were washed away by his gaze.

She didn't even feel like they were in a ball room, dancing together while so many crowds gathered. It had always been this way she thought.