Chapter 26: A little tug of a bedazzled heart -II

Everyone had been having the time of their lives

Everyone had been having the time of their lives. A lot of girls had been trying to circle around Vantae since the start of the night, and he had been trying to dance with most of them.

While on the other hand, a certain person hadn't danced with anyone but he who she had danced with at the start for the entirety of the ball.

It wasn't because no one wanted to, in actuality half of the males in the very room had been trying to sum up some courage to ask her out but, they either failed to be confident enough to dance with her or, had been politely rejected by her.

Sitting on her chair for the past 3 hours, she had been staring at the dance floor for quite a while and had fumbled with her hands quite often. It was something she never did and yet found herself doing at the moment, she didn't know why she felt so bothered.

The glass windows that overlooked the city was the shining glory of the Celestine ballroom and had always been a sight to behold, yet she found her mind occupied with other things.

The dance they had a few hours ago, she didn't know what to make of it, for all she knew they both probably said things at the heat of the moment and that was what all she could think about.

He was talking to her in such ways, ways that invoked some feelings yet she couldn't lie and say it didn't affect her.

When some girls were heading towards his way, they hadn't realised how he had been staring at one person all night long.

The current song was ending and he knew that the new one was about to begin. He looked at his watch.

Sitting on her chair, laying her head back and looking up at the ceiling and then averting her gaze towards her feet which had been rested all night long, a palm had been reached out in front of her.

She was about to deny this person like all the others she had denied when, "Would you give me the honor of having this dance with me, Miss Kim?" The voice..it sounded like-

She looked up to see him. Smiling down at her with such amusement and mischief in his eyes. She felt like something was stuck in her throat and found herself flushed.

He had barely looked at her all night. And when he did, there were no emotions that she could sense any trace of.

"I'm pretty sure a lot of other girls would befitting to be a better dance partner, Mr Kim" she replied back.

She had been looking at the girls who had been surrounding him all night long, clawing at him like leeches, she could feel how much they wanted to place their lips on any part of his skin, so she could already feel the stares they gave her when he had approached her.

And then when she was about to say once more, he had knelt on one knee, held her hand and kissed the back of it, looking straight at her eyes and said, "just this once, May I dance with you tonight? You may hate me for the rest of it all, just this once, will you?"