~ Chapter 67 ~ (Training Hard)

"Try pushing more into your slashes..." Kanae said as her blade is clashing with a young demon slayer. "I'll try my best!" the young demon slayer said as he try to put more strength.

Kanae can feel her sword being pushed back a little. She also apply a bit of her strength to hold it back. However, this is not her full strength, It's only fraction of it.

Kanae slightly pushed the young demon slayer away. "I see that you're working hard! But it's not enough... Come on, you can do better than that. Try using your breath to increase your strength" Kanae instructed.

The young demon slayer nodded as his breathing pattern started to change before he went for another slash. Kanae just clashed her blade with his but this time, she can feel him starting to push back.

"Good job! Now try hitting me with your new strength!" Kanae ordered. The young demon slayer then went straight to Kanae with heavy swings and slashes.

This time however, Kanae didn't block it. Instead, she just side step as she evaded the attack. The young demon slayer continue to swing his blade but Kanae just evade it without any effort.

After few minutes of his futile assault, the young demon slayer stopped his attack as he try to catch his breath due to tiredness. "I praise you that you managed to increase your strength significantly. However, you didn't have the speed to deliver it. I can predict every movement that you about to use." Kanae commented on the young slayer performance.

"It takes more than just brute strength to win a fight!" Kanae told the young demon slayer. He just nodded at Kanae while still taking a deep breath.

"I see that you're exhausted right now. Why not you take a break for a moment. I'll allow it." Kanae offered. "No! I can still keep going" the young slayer said.

Kanae walk closer to the young slayer before she looked at him in the face with a smile, "You know, I learned from someone that it's not good to force your body when it's exhausted. I can't have you destroy your own body can I? You need to take care of your body needs more properly."

"After all, resting is also part of the training" Kanae said while smiling at the young demon slayer. The young demon slayer blushes due to her being quite close to him before nodded at her.

"Thank you for the lesson Lady Kocho!" the young demon slayer said before he walked away. Kanae just watched the yound demon slayer leave before she looked at the sky.

Her face slowly turn into a frown as she watched the clouds. She remember the days when she was still very young. The day when her, Shinobu and (Y/N) sitting at the veranda of their parents home watching the clouds while Uncle Sasuke and their father and mother are busy doing their works.

'I really wish you could be here (Y/N)...If only there's a way to turn back time... But that's not possible... I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for everything...' Kanae thought to herself as she watched multiple shapes of clouds in the sky.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps incoming as she snapped from her thoughts. Then, she saw someone approaching her, it's just Kanao. Kanae just smiled looking at Kanao.

"Hello Kanao, how did your training goes?" Kanae greeted. "I have passed the training from other Hashiras." Kanao told Kanae.

"I just have to pass the training from the stone pillar. He's the the second last pillar before I complete all the Pillars training." Kanao told.

"Oh? That was fast. You truly are special. I believe you could actually surpass me if this goes on hehe~" Kanae complimented while looking at Kanao proudly.