Chapter Twenty-Nine: In Love

We have now reached a new point in my life that I honestly didn't know how to describe.

I expressed to Leon that I wanted to skip lunch with him and he agreed. What I failed to predict was Sasha and Mia tagging along, which meant that Ian was also there. Plus, even when Pat and Leon were in a disagreement, they were still inseparable.

The result? Here we were sitting by the school field on the bleachers, food being passed amongst us as if

Just what the hell was this?

"Are we ever going to have a conversation about what's going on?" Mia spoke, finally addressing the situation while casually munching on her bag of baby carrots, "I mean, if you don't want to then it's none of our business, I guess."

Also known as: we are fucking curious but we don't want to pry.

So how do we go about it without appearing as if Leon and I have been in a secret affair this whole time and was just waiting for Pat to break up with me so we could expose it to the world?

I am now opening up the floor for suggestions.

Why don't we go first with the main concern – Patrick. Of course he was heavily confused right now and knowing him, he wasn't confronting Leon nor I because he felt like he had no right to after what he had done.

I wanted to assure him that if he was hurt by this, then it was totally valid. If he thought the worst, then he shouldn't be guilty about it.

"Maybe later," I answered, evading the elephant in the room. They were gravely disappointed by this, but Leon gave me a small smile signifying that it was a good decision that I didn't give them what they wanted.

My eyes were still trained to Pat. This whole time, he had yet to utter a single word aside from offering his food to the others. Leading up to the break up, I have been nothing but out of it, especially with him. Now here I was giggling and being all giddy with Leon.

I should have been more considerate to him knowing that he had been nothing but kind and supportive to me.

But that was so difficult when I was trying to hard to make sense of everything and the only kind of normalcy I could have was to be the couple I've always wanted to be with Leon.

"I'm going to talk to him," I whispered to Leon, making sure only he was the only one to hear me.

He glanced towards Pat's way, his eyebrows knitting in concern at his best friend's solemn face. It was obvious Leon wanted to make up with him, even if this Pat was different from the one we grew our relationship with.

He wasn't the Pat that planned to do a grand public gesture of asking me out, causing Leon to sneak me out of the school before he could get to me. He wasn't the Pat that took my rejection in stride and still provided me the warm hearted kind of friendship. He wasn't the Pat that constantly teased us when we still weren't sure what kind of relationship we had.

But just like my gratefulness to Leon, their friendship was something that transcended any timeline. As someone who dated both Pat and Leon, even if it was in different versions of reality, their friendship was something I wanted to treasure and take care of.

"I think it's best that you do," he said back.

So when everybody stood up and started to go back into the school building, I reached out and tugged on the sleeve of Pat's sweatshirt. Mia, Sasha, and Ian were walking ahead of us so they weren't aware. However, Leon was by my side and when he saw what I did, he nodded in understanding and moved ahead.

Pat thankfully felt my light pull, causing him to stop on his tracks and slowly turn to me. I flashed him a small tightlipped smile, trying to show him that I felt no ill will towards him, "Can we talk for a little bit before class?"