Chapter 17

I glance up from my suitcase when I hear a knock on the door. I take a quick look in the mirror at the smudged mascara, and try my best to wipe it away as I walk towards the door.

One look at Olivias face when I open the door tells me that Simon has told her. "I'm so sorry." She whispers, pulling me into a warm embrace.

I try to blink back the tears that are ready to fall. A few seconds later, when she steps back and we walk further into the room, I wipe the few tears that managed to escape, with a laugh to try and lighten the mood. "Six years later and I'm still crying about it."

"I'd be doing a lot more than crying if I were you." Olivia says, scanning the room. "You're leaving?"

I nod, with a sniff. "I need to clear my head, sort myself out and never see my parents again. I wouldn't be able to do anything anyway, my back is not in great shape."

"Have you talked to Simon?"

I shake my head. "He didn't follow me when I left, and honestly that's probably a good thing, I don't know what I'd say to him right now."

"Well judging by the way he pounded my door, I'm gonna guess he left your parents with a few choice words."

"If only he'd done that years ago." I mutter, more to myself than anyone else.

"Iz, you're sure you wanna go before talking to Simon? You could finally get some closer."

I shake my head, turning my gaze from the suitcase, to her worried features. "I can't Liv, not now. I'll just end up crying in front of him."

"And that's a bad thing?"

"It's not a good thing." I sigh. "Everything was going so great Liv, I should've known nothing good ever sticks with us."

Olivia gives me a sympathetic smile. "You want me to come with you?"

I shake my head. "No way, you've only just got Simon back. I'll be fine."

Olivia switches her sympathetic look to a stern one. "I'm giving you three days to stop feeling sorry for yourself, you got me? Simon will get the same luxury as that, then afterwards you two need to sort yourselves out."

"Yes, boss."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"So, I've found you sitting in Harry's, drinking your body weight of vodka, because?" Abi slips into the seat beside me at the bar.

"Let's not pretend Olivia didn't call you to keep an eye on me." I say, taking another gulp of the drink. "Because it's unnecessary, I'm fine."

Abi scoffs. "The girl who barely gets blackout drunk twice a year, is telling me she's fine while attempting to get blackout drunk."

I shake my head. "Not blackout drunk, numb would be preferred."

Abi sighs. "Izzy, why are you doing this to yourself?"

"Because Abs," I turn to face her, letting her see the pain in my face that I've been trying to hide, since I got off the plane this morning. "He's left before, and he's going to leave again and I'm still going to be the one who's searching his name up to make sure he's still alive, while he doesn't spare me a thought."

"Can't you see that he didn't leave by choice back then, Iz? It was your parents."

"My parents aren't the reason he's leaving this time, though."