Sleepy

The room was lit with a warm glow that came from the lamps on the walls. Kuvira was sitting up in the middle of the bed looking over something Asami had given her, it wasn't to do with the anti-brainwashing machine, she assumed Asami was working on something else at the same time. Sukara had her legs and arms wrapped around her girlfriend. She sat behind Kuvira, her feet hooked together on her lap, her arms falling loosely into her own.

They sat in comfortable silence as Asami came and knocked gently on the door. Kuvira looked up.

"I'm almost done," she said pushing the papers back into a pile.

"Don't worry about it," Asami said, making her way towards Kuvira, "doesn't it bother you? Her looking over you're shoulder like that?"

"Oh, she's not," Kuvira chuckled quietly, trying not to move too much, "she's asleep. She knows it's mechanics so she doesn't bother reading it, then she gets comfy and now she's asleep."

"Aww," Asami smiled as she reach over to take the papers Kuvira was handing over, "that's so cute, Korra tends to sleep in my lap or next to me when I'm working at night."

Kuvira went to move Sukara's arm so that they could move but Sukara just made a small noise of complaint and moved her hand up so it was across Kuvira's chest and resting on her should, holding her tighter.

Kuvira had to stop and bite her lip to stop herself from smiling too much.

"I'll leave you to it," Asami said with a soft smile as she watched Sukara nuzzle into the crook of Kuvira's neck, "get some sleep."

Kuvira gave her a smile as she left. She sighed gently as she placed a hand on Sukara's arm, trying to think of a way of getting her into bed properly without disturbing her too much.

Kuvira decided to give up and try and wake her up enough to move. She reached up gently and tapped her on the nose, Sukara just grumbled. She reached down and ran her finger lightly over the underside of Sukara's foot, Kuvira flinched back as Sukara kicked out. Kuvira let out another sigh and reached up for Sukara's face again. She tapped her on the cheek. Sukara grumbled. She tickled the edge of her jaw. Sukara complained and tried to hide her face from her. Finally, Kuvira took a gentle hold of Sukara's chin and lifted her head upright. Sukara squinted as her eyes opened.

"We have to go to sleep," Kuvira whispered, giving her a kiss on the nose as Sukara unwrapped her legs from around Kuvira's waist.

"I was," Sukara mumbled as she stretched back, wincing a little at the ache in her back after being hunched over for too long.

"I meant both of us," Kuvira smiled as she took all her work things off the bed and climbed back on, "like in the bed."

Sukara could only nod. She wasn't that awake and nothing in her brain was functioning properly. She let Kuvira guide her down until they were both under the covers.

Sukara hooked a leg over Kuvira's waist and wrapped her arms above her shoulders, holding her close with Kuvira's head on her chest as she settled down onto the pillow.