Chapter 16: Belongings

Cole's POV

Everyone has come out, from French class, except Luna.

"Hey", Britney comes out from the class.

Is she saying 'Hey', to me?, I look around me, to be sure.

"Hey", I reply in confusion.

"You and Luna, look good together",

Really? From when I and Luna, started to look good together? We both are totally polar opposite of each other, and anybody can see that, Britney out of all people is saying that I and Luna looks together.

And isn't she Luna's rival? Then why she is behaving like, her best friend right now?

Though the thing sounds so blizzard, coming out from Britney's mouth, I say "Okay Thanks", out of politeness, and she smiles and goes.

I go inside the class, and I spot Luna sitting on the front desk"why are you sitting here? It's lunchtime aren't you hungry?".

"Of course I am hungry, that dumb Britney kept me here, sorry ! I don't think she is dumb, you know, I used think she is dumb, but I was wrong, she is not dumb at all, she cunning like fox"

"Why are you saying that?",

"She was trying to find out, if we both are in real relationship or not", Luna gets up from her seat.

"Really? Just now she met me, outside the class, and said I and you look good together", I hope, I didn't say anything to Britney, that may have, made her suspicious about my and Luna's relationship.

"What? What did say to her", Luna asks worriedly.

"No! I just said thanks", I shrug.

"What was your expression?when she said you and I look, good together", Luna is behaving, like we have committed a murder, and Britney is detective, and she wants to find our truth behind the murder.

What the hell, I am thinking. Yesterday before sleeping, I was reading The Murder on the links. And may be that's why, my mind is making all this examples related to murder and detective.

I shake my head, to clear my head, from weird examples,"I don't know, what was my expression, maybe it was neutral", I tell Luna.

"Neutral? Then your expression was wrong, you should have blushed, hearing her comment", blushed? At that time, I was thinking, if we really look, good together?.

"Sorry, I would be careful, next time", I assure her, and she nods.

"Now, let's go to the canteen, I am hungry", Luna takes my hand in hers.

"I want to ask you something", since literature class, I wanted to ask her this question.

"What?", she asks, still keeping her hand in mine.

"Why you choose me as your assignment partner, over Ray, I thought, you should have been happy that Ray is your assignment partner, but instead of being happy, you insulted him in front of all class".

"Because I wanted, to show Ray that I have moved on, and don't you know, man wants the thing more that they can't have ".

What?, It isn't true!

But may be!  What Luna is saying is true, I also want something, which I can't have.

..................................................................

Luna's POV

"Grace! Grace!", Today before going to school, I told Grace that I want to have brownies, after coming back from school.

I go in the kitchen, in search of Grace, "Grace, did you made brownies for me?", I find her in the kitchen with Mom.

"Mom what are you doing here?", Isn't she should be in the office at this time.

"I am making brownies for you", she shows me, batter of brownies.

What?

She hasn't cooked anything, since the past few years.

"Oh", I don't know, how to respond, to my mother's sudden affection for me.

"You go and fresh and up, brownies will be ready in 20 minutes",

"Okay, Grace come with me", I turn towards my room, and Grace comes behind me.

..................................................................

Grace zips my dress,"Why Mom is showering, her love on me today?",

"Because she loves you Miss Luna",

"You always say that but…”,

"Miss Luna, earlier you used to complain, that your mother, don't express her love, and now when she is trying, you are still not satisfied",

"May be your right, I should be happy, that Mom is trying to be normal mother, that she used to be", I turn towards Grace, and she tucks my hair behind my ear, and smiles.

Mom knocks on the door, and comes inside the room, with a plate of brownies in her hands,"Grace, I want to spend some alone time with my daughter",

"Sure, Madam Alison", Grace smiles at me, and leaves.

"Brownies are looking delicious ", I look at Mom.

"Then sit and have them", Mom smiles and sits on the edge of the bed, she places the brownies on the side table.

I sit next to her, and take a brownie,  from the plate. I take a bite of a brownie, and it tastes delicious.  I must say Mom haven't forgotten to bake delicious brownies.

"Luna, from the past few days, I am trying to, tell you something ", Mom tells me in a serious tone.

I remember, she wanted to tell me something, but I ignored her. Today I will listen, whatever she wants to tell,"Yeah",

"I have decided, to donate your father's things",

What?

She wants to donate my Dad's things?, I look at her speechless.

"Luna, I know you loved your Dad so much, and I know, you still love him, but baby, we have to move on, you have to move on, you have ordered Grace, to keep your Dad's room, as it used to when he was alive, you are not accepting the fact, that your Dad is no more with us, you are still waiting for someone, who will never comeback",

"Stop it " I yell.

"Stop it please!, I know Mom, that Dad is not coming back, I know that, but you can't, donate his things", tears starts, to flow down my cheeks.

"Luna, my baby ", Mom, tries to touch me, but I jerk sway her hand.

"Don't touch me, I thought you want to be a caring affectionate mother again, which you used to be, but I was wrong. For you Dad's things are just mere things,  but for me, they are his belongings,  his only belongings that are left with me", My mother has disappointed me again. Grace was wrong, Mom don't love me.

"Luna,  listen to me, baby"

"No! I don't want to listen anything ", I snap, "Go away", My heart is aching and angry painful tears are flowing down my cheeks, continuously without stoping.

"Luna",

"Get out from my room", I yell. Mom looks at me silently for a second,  and walks out from the room, leaving me alone to cry.

Author's Note
I Hope you all liked, today's chapter. Stay tuned for new chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.
With lots of Love XX