Chapter 14

"Mama come fast we are getting late!" Anayra said as she entered the room and saw Minal getting ready.

"Coming baby! You go and sit in the car, I will come." She replied, wearing the earring she held.

"Papa, where is Ayan's gift?" Anayra asked.

"Anayra, I have kept everything in the car already!" He replied softly. Picking Anayra in his arms, he made her sit in the car.

"Di all the arrangements are done right?" Maahi asked as she descended downstairs.

"Yes, let's leave! I will just go and check everything once again." Minal replied.

•••

"Mama, Anayra hasn't come yet!?" Ayan asked looking up to Anaya.

"They will come baby! Your other friends have arrived?"

"Yes mama!" He said and looked near the door. "Anayra! Mama they came!" He said excitedly and both of them went towards them.

"Welcome Minal, come inside!" She greeted.

"Happy birthday Ayan!" Anayra wished him and gave the gift that she was holding.

"Happy birthday!" Minal said smiling.

"Thank you Anayra, thank you aunty! Anayra, come let's go inside." Ayan said.

"Mama I am going with Ayan!" Anayra said and went with Ayan as Minal nodded.

"Do you want any help Anaya?" Minal asked. "No, everything is done, thanks to you for arranging this party. Come, we will go and sit inside." Anaya took her inside.

Minal was still lost in her thoughts about the business party. She feared by the thought of facing him. After 5 years she had seen him, the person who she loved so much. How much did she want to meet him, talk to him. But she didn't.

She knew he would be hurt if he comes to know about Anayra. About the fact that she had kept his daughter away from him. All these five years she had just feared that she didn't want Anayra to go through all that she went, just because she was her daughter.

Because of her, she knew that he was hurt. Hadn't she left from there, because someone forced her to, then they would have been together. Five miserable years of their life wouldn't have been faced by them.

There wasn't even a single moment when she didn't miss him, or think about him. She thought he had moved on from her, moved on from someone who had left him. But somewhere in her heart, she knew that he loves her, but after what happened, she couldn't face him ever.

"Dad!" Anayra said excitedly. Asad bent to her height and she came running and hugged him.

"Wow, my princess looks so pretty!" He said smiling.

"Thank you!" She replied.

"Ayan, you both should go and play!"

"Dad, can we cut the cake first, please?" He asked softly, to which he nodded.

"Anaya, there are some more gifts kept in the car, I will get them." Minal said and stood up to go.

"Go after the cake-cutting Minal!"

"I will be right back." She said and walked out.

"Sir, your car has been parked in no parking, could you please park it somewhere else!?" One of the staff members told to Asad.

"Yeah sure!" He replied and walked out to the parking lot.

In the hotel, they had started the cake-cutting. Anaya helped Ayan cut the cake, and then she started serving it to everyone. Asad started his car and drove till the parking area and parked it.

As he was getting down, he saw a picture in front of him, that he always had with himself. It was his wife's picture. He used to carry it everywhere, as he missed her. He remembered about the night when he had heard her after so many years. He wished he got a chance to speak to her.

Minal got down all the gift boxes from the back seat and kept it down. She locked the car, picking up the gifts she moved forward to go inside.

"Minal!?" It felt like her heartbeats had stopped for that moment, after hearing that voice. She was speechless, she didn't have the courage to turn back to see who it was, because she recognized the voice.

He stood behind her, as he realized her presence, he was shocked. Shocked to see her after so long. The person who he was thinking about, was right in front of him at that moment.

"Asad!" She said slowly as she closed her eyes to let the tears stream down her cheeks.

•••

"Aunty, where is mama? Did you see her?" Anayra asked.

"She will come baby, did you eat something?"

"Yes aunty!" Anayra replied.

"Amaan, where is Asad bhai? Minal also didn't return yet!"

"I think Asad bhai went to park his car, he will come back!" Amaan said.

"Can you get those return gifts that I kept in the wardrobe!?" Amaan asked. Anaya nodded and went inside.

She moved the files away, and picked up the gifts, as she lost balance, the files that she had in her hand, fell open. She bent down to pick it up, and saw an envelope there.

"I told you not to come to this store room, keep those albums back, and don't come here again!" Zehra said and took the album from her.

"I am sorry!" She replied and walked out. But she still had one picture with her, which she forgot to keep it back. She feared to go back there, to keep it, so she had kept it inside the files.

"Is it that one? Let me check once, if it is, I will give it back to mama!" She said and opened the envelope, to take out the photo.

Thank you for reading❤️