°Beauty and the Beast°

'Please stand to one side' Ms. Chyonweth sighed, pushing her glasses further up her nose. The students all continued their chatter, not a single ear listening to the drama teacher. 'I said: move to one side' she bellowed. The drama students laughed quietly but did as they were told-afraid that they might lose their role for being immature.

'Now' the teacher clapped her hands together. 'I'm posting up the cast list and I want nobody-I repeat nobody, to come to me and ask for a role swap. You get what you worked for' 

The teenagers all crowded around her, brushing her request away before pleading for the cast results to be posted. Miss. Chyonweth sighed, before turning her back on them and pinning the sheet up onto the brown cork board. 'Listen-I will be-' but before she could even finsh her sentence everyone had marched forward and her voice became drowned in the crowd of teenagers.

'Teens these days' Ms. Chyonweth tsked, sliding out of the crowd. 'No manners, I'm telling you'.

'Dude, you're The Beast' Julian rose one hand for a high five which Sean enthusiastically returned. Julian's eyes scanned down the list, nodding his head in approval at his own role before his lips pulled down in an obvious frown.

'What? Didn't you get a good role?' Sean pushed his way closer to his friend, his excited smile plastered on his lips.

'I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about you' Julian chortled. Sean rose a brow. 'See for yourself, Sean' He patted the boy's shoulders before squeezing out of the crowd. 

Sean brushesd his fingers through his dark hair, firm on his spot as he read through the names on the list. He was about to turn around and explain to Julian he didn't understand what he meant when his eyes landed on the leading female role.

'Kaycee Rice' he gasped, his mouth dropping open. He shook his head, blinking profusely before he read her name again. At this point, most of the crowd had left to either the cafeteria or the school drama room-leaving Sean staring at the cast sheet.

'Gonna be kissing Rice, I see' Julian chuckled, as Sean reappeared at his side, looking aghast.

'No way. There's no way. It has to be a mistake, right?' Sean asked helplessly.

Julian shrugged. 'Ms. Chyonweth never makes mistake'. He paused for a minute before speaking again. 'As much as I feel sorry for you. I'm excited to see how you and Kaycee will work together. Could you imagine what everyone will think when they know you're working with the nerd?'

Sean's face paled as he thought back to his pretty flawless repuatation. He wasn't known as the jock but he wasn't quite smart enough to be known as the nerds either. He was somewhere in the middle-talented at both sports and studies. So when, the information that Kaycee Rice-the school genius- was going to be playing his love interest in this years school play, he was mortified to say the least.

'Ugh-please, Jules. Let's go eat. I need to take my mind of this' Sean groaned, rolling his eyes up and around. 

'Didn't even know she'd be the theatre type. Or she must have bribed Ms. Chyonweth with hundreds of bucks for the role' Julian snickered.

There was a moment of silence before Sean dug his elbow into his best friends stomach. 'What the fuck, dud?' Julian groaned, giving Sean a punch on the arm. Sean clenched his jaws tightly, discretely signaling- with his eyes-at the brunette that walked in. 

'Let me go introduce you' Julian started, before Sean pulled him back by the sleep and sent him a glare.

'Bails, I'm positive that I'm either the background tree or even better some kind of background prop' Kaycee sighed, her arms filled with books as Bailey pulled her towards the cast list faster.

'Oh come on, you don't know that. You know what the say, Ms. Chyonweth makes magic' Bailey giggled

'Yeah, bro. She makes magic' Julian chuckled, copying what the latter had said and repeating it to his best friend in a sing song voice.

'Shut up' Sean grumbled. 

'Oh My God!' A squeal interrupted their conversation, and they looked up to see Bailey happily jumping up and down beside Kaycee. 'K, you're Belle' she exclaimed.

'Haha very funny. It's not April fools, Bails' Kaycee joked, pushing her aside as she looked at the list for herself. The books that were once in her hands had fell to the ground with a thud and she was staring shocked at the names on the list.

'This can't be right' Kaycee mumbled.

'True that' Julian laughed quietly.

Sean lightly punched Julian's arm before moving two steps-to the left-to his locker. 'These lockers are tiny' Sean groaned, pushing his books inside. Sean struggled as he fit the books inside the locker, holding the locker door with full force before slamming it shut.

'Jules what abou-' Sean has started, but when he looked up, the boy was gone and at the two girls' side. 'Shit'.

'And here's the man himself. The Beast' Julian patted Sean's stomach, ignoring his furtive glares

'I'm sorry-uh, this is just a mistake. I'm not actually Belle' Kaycee murmured, averting Sean's gaze as she began picking up her fallen books.

'Oh, sure you are' Julian laughed. 'The list say so. I think you'd make the perfect Belle'.

To anyone else, it would have looked like the boy was acting nice-too nice-towards the girl that most didn't even want to talk to. But the girls-more like Bailey-has gotten used to what their usual treatment should be like. Glares. Laughing behind their back. Teasing. However, Kaycee was more oblivious and didn't realise the boy was just mocking her.

'Come on, K' Bailey took her hand, glaring at the boy standing in front of her. 'Don't pretend to be nice. We don't need it' Bailey snapped.

Kaycee was still picking up her books, trying to hold everything together, but her bones had began feeling weak after the surprising news.

'What? I just thought Kaycee and Sean could get to know each other. They will be playing as lovers anyways' Julian rose his hands in surrender.

Kaycee's head spun at the thought. Her and Sean. Sean and her. She had to use every ounce of her willpower to stop a grin from making it ways into her lips.  Her hands trembled lightly, stomach erupting with butterflies as she stood up to her feet, trying to match Baileys cold stare. 

'I will not being playing as her lover' Sean seethed bitterly.

And just like that, the grin that Kaycee was fighting so hard to stop had turned into one of Baileys cold stares. Her lips stretched in a straight line frown, her eyes dilating with fury and disappointment. 

'Come on, K. They're just trying to put you down' Bailey said softly, resting her hand on the girls lower back and leading her past the two boys. 'They don't have common sense, like we do' Bailey tried lifting her best friends spirits. 

'It's fine, Bails. It's probably for the better anyways'

Tale as old as time

AN| HEY GUYS! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS ONE SHOT. IM NOT ENTIRELY SURE IF THE ENDING IS LIKE FITTING BUT ITS WHATEVER.

THIS IS THE LAST PUBLISHED ONE SHOT FOR AWHILE NOW 😢 UNTIL 'HOW TO LOVE YOU' IS FINISHED! 

'HOW TO LOVE YOU' IS COMING OUT IN SUNDAY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU CAN PM ME OR ASK ME HERE.

QOTD: WHATS YOUR BIRTH MONTH FLOWER? Mines Iris. 🌼

❤️❤️❤️

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX