iv. you're lucky you're pretty

chapter three
(you're lucky you're pretty ! )

chapter three ( — you're lucky you're pretty ! )

"HEY— OH EW, IT'S YOU." Enzo scowled, his once happy mood disappearing at the site of the chosen one sitting at the tree he was supposed to meet Seamus at. "The fuck you doing here?"

"Ew? Excuse you?" Harry gaped, appalled. "Anyways, I'm here because I want the potion. I feel like I deserve it because, you know, you cheated off me."

  Enzo laughed, leaning against the tree and looking down at the chosen one with a smirk. "Yeah, and the instructions were in your book. I saw it. I could easily go to professor Slug Boy and tell him how you also cheated. Then at the end neither of us get the potion." He pouted mockingly, "And we don't want that, do we?"

  "Potter! I didn't take you for a pot lover!" Seamus shouted happily as he arrived at the tree. "Though, as the chosen one, you probably have a lot of stress on your shoulders, so you'd probably be a lot more bearable medicated."

  "I can see why you two get along so well." The potter boy blinked, looking from a sniggering Enzo to his follow Gryffindor who was just smiling at him in a daze (probably already high). "I will get that potion. Don't think I won't. I'm the chosen one."

"There it is!" Enzo cheered. "Be a dick to me. I love it."

"You're an asshole," Harry huffed, walking past the Asian boy and making sure they bump shoulders.

"But you love it!"

"I AM THIS CLOSE TO STRANGLING YOU!" Harry Potter's voice boomed through the hall as he tried to catch up with the Rousseau boy— who for some reason strutted instead of walked, which was oddly attractive, but Harry would never admit that out loud.

"Kinky, I'm down."

Over the past few weeks, potions class has been a nightmare. Harry would copy the recipes from his book, doing better then ever in his potions class, receiving praise and outshining all of his peers. Well, most of his peers. Enzo Rousseau was proving to be a natural at getting under his skin. Enzo was always right beside him, receiving the same amount of praise. Harry would copy the prince, and Enzo would copy him.

What set the Potter boy off today, was at the end of class, Slughorn called the two boys up to the front to praise their skills. He said that he had never taught anyone as talented as Harry and Enzo. And the smug look on the Rousseau boys face broke him.

Stunned for a moment by Enzo's flirty comment, Harry blinked, his whole face turning red. Though he shook it off, trying to remind himself how much of a pain in the arse this boy was to distract himself from how attractive the Asian boy really is. "You have to stop copying me. This is getting ridiculous."

"Harry..." Enzo trialed off, his head tilted as he walked forward, placing his hands on the boy's shoulders. "Don't take this to heart, okay? But you're really annoying." This seemed to offend Harry, which is exactly what Enzo was hoping for, causing him to smirk. "You're cheating. I'm just cheating off of you. It's only fair. Sorry to steal your glory, I know you're use to having it all to yourself." He patted the boys cheek as he stepped back, "You're lucky you're pretty."

"Who the hell does he think he is?!" Ron's voice exclaimed from beside him, surprising Harry.

"I mean, he's not wrong." Hermione said, rolling her eyes at the glares she received. "Harry is cheating, so technically, he can't be mad at Enzo for doing the same." Her eyes widened when she noticed it sounded like she agreed with the insult too, "You're not annoying Harry. He's very wrong about that part."

"You just agree with that bloody idiot because you're mad that Harry is doing better than you for once." Hermione just shrugged, not saying anything in response to the red heads words. "He's almost worse than Malfoy."

Harry wasn't listening as his two friends started bickering. His eyes stayed focused on the spot where the Ravenclaw used to stand, his brain running wild with thoughts. He was gonna get his hands on that potion if it was the last thing he did. He just wants to wipe that smug smirk off Enzo's stupidly handsome face.

  ENZO LAYED IN THE GRASS, A DAZED LOOK ON HIS FACE AS HE LOOKED UP AT THE SKY, BASKING IN THE SUN. Though the moment was ruined when someone loomed over him, blocking the light. With a huff, his brown eyes focused in on the person, a large smile making its way onto his face as the annoyed look Blaise Zabini  was sending him.

  "Hey hot stuff. How's—"

  "Save it." The Slytherin snapped, taking a seat on the grass with a grimace. "How are you doing so well in potions. I know you, you're not an overachiever, you're usually in the class average."

  With a laugh, Enzo sat up so he was face to face with his ex. "Maybe I'm just smarter then you. Maybe I've been smoking less so my brains not as foggy? Ever thought about that?"

  "No. Your pupils are huge. Now tell me how you're doing so well."

  "You gonna tell daddy Malfoy on me?"

  "...I loathe you."

  "Most people do." Enzo smirked, slowly moving his face closer to Blaise's. He stopped for a moment to see if the boy would pull back. Instead, the Slytherin moved closer, smashing their lips together in a heated kiss.

  Over time, Enzo's father's words on hiding his sexuality started to mean nothing to him. His disapproval, though still a little hurtful, is starting to feel weightless. Why should he hide who he was to please a man who doesn't deserve it? Let's just say the whore jumped out in fifth year— sleeping with any guy he could. Which wasn't hard for him, he was very attractive, it wasn't even a debate. It's surprising that Enzo isn't a walking STD.

  The two continued to make out— getting a little too heated for a public setting, but neither boy cared. Draco, however, watched in annoyance from across the courtyard. He knew sending Blaise to get information from the Ravenclaw would be a bad idea. Because no matter how much the Zabini boy denies it, he still has feeling for Enzo Rousseau— and he probably always will. Too bad Enzo doesn't feel the same and will continue to lead the boy into an endless cycle of heartbreak.

  Enzo is always high to avoid his feelings. Because even though he doesn't show it, he feels so much. He feels hurt by his dad ignoring him constantly. Hurt from his mother's death. Hurt from how much his classmates seem to dislike him. But he brushes it all of with a cocky smirk and an 'I don't give a fuck attitude'. But he gives many fucks, unfortunately.

  Authors Note
sorry about how short this is.