TWENTY-SIX

- Chapter Twenty-Six -
"I think I prefer apparition."

"James!"

"James!"

As soon as the group stepped off of the Hogwarts Express, James was dragged away from them almost immediately, into the arms of an elderly woman who had a man stood behind her. The boy was being embraced in a bone-crushing hug as the man behind the woman stepped forward and he and Sirius shared a short hug too.

Two women walked forward to the remaining three, taking Remus and Peter from both sides of Elladora as they embraced them. The men that accompanied them stood idly, waiting for their turn to hug their child.

Everyone swapped hugs, James to his father, Sirius to James' mother, Remus to his father and Peter to his father. Elladora awkwardly stood waiting for some instructions on what to do by the boys, normally her mother just grips her shoulder and they apparate home, but today was different.

"You must be Elladora!" Euphemia Potter stepped forward, walking towards the girl. Elladora curtsied politely and returned to her upheld, proud, posture, gripping her trunk tightly. "Oh, shes funny." The woman laughed and pulled her in for a hug.

Elladora was successfully taken aback as she looked over Euphemia's shoulder at James and Sirius who were smiling. When she was released, James' dad, Fleamont, walked forward and stuck his hand out. Growing up formally, Elladora was finally relieved to see a somewhat normal way of greeting people as she took Fleamont's hand and curtsied again.

"How do you do?" She asked and the man furrowed his eyebrows, looking back at James who was chuckling nervously. He came forward and placed his hand on Elladora's shoulders, still laughing and trying to relieve the awkwardness.

"Oh, Peter, is this the girl you've been writing to us about?" The woman who had embraced Peter stepped forward, smiling warmly. Peter blushed a bright red, but of course Elladora was oblivious to this and curtsied once again, bowing deeply to her and her husband.

"How do you do?"

"Splendid. My name is Penny and this is Paul." She grinned and curtsied back, albeit less formally than Elladora. The girl nodded curtly and then proceeded to nod at Remus' parents too.

"I'm Lyall and this is Hope." Remus' father introduced. Hope looked a little bit worn out, ill you might say, it made Elladora pity her, she was obviously very weak, yet she still summed up the energy to come and greet her son at the train station.

Elladora could only imagine what having a mother like that was like.

"It's lovely to make your acquaintances." She nodded and James chuckled again when they fell into another silence.

"She's...she's awesome, she's amazing. Just a little bit..." He winded a finger in a circle next to his head whilst whistling, resulting in a glare from the girl herself. "Anyway! We should get going."