XIV

Past

Past

Ashanti returned to the Rossault's mansion with a pale face and trembling body. Ni hindi pa rin ito nawala kahit nakatapak na siya sa loob. She ignored the stares she was getting from Calista and the maids when she went past them. Wala siya sa tamang wisyo upang makipag-away sa mga ito.

She moved straight to her bedroom. Maeann was about to greet her when she locked the door. Nang marinig lamang niya ang papalayong hakbang ng kasambahay ay doon lamang bumigay ang kaniyang tuhod at napasalampak sa sahig. Her hands were still shaking, same as her lips and other parts of her body.

He pointed the gun at me...

She remembered the eyes Giovanni gave to her a while ago. It was mixed of cold, empty, and dark. She knew her life could end in a snap if Giovanni pulled the trigger, and she should not expect him to think twice about killing anyone. He was a Vercetti, and she pushed him to his limit.

Most of the part is my fault. He's right. I invaded his privacy.

She managed to lift herself to the bed. She then sat, tears started to flow from her feline eyes down to her rosy cheeks. Her mouth was slightly open and was struggling to catch her breath. Kung nagkataon na nangyari iyon ay patay na siya ngayon. Nakasalampak sa malamig na sahig habang naliligo sa sariling dugo. Nasayang na ang pangalawa niyang buhay.

You're so stupid, Ashanti. It's only been one and half months yet you already put yourself to the edge of life and death!

And if she died, she was uncertain if she would have a third rebirth.

She laid her back on the mattress and closed her eyes. She was trying to calm her breathing but found herself getting swallowed by the darkness.

"Grabe, ano kayang nangyari kay Young Miss?"

The maids were gossiping about what they saw. Even Calista was curious about what happened. Who did that? She wanted to thank the person who put Ashanti in that situation, and seeing her with that kind of expression made Calista laugh inside. That was the first time in history.

She recollected what she saw earlier. Her sister had a date with her fiancé, right? Was Giovanni Vercetti who made that expression plastered on Ashanti's face? Iniisip pa lamang niya ay gusto na niyang magdiwang. That meant her secret plan would get easier even it was not started yet. The universe was siding to her.

The night came. Maeann called her for dinner. Ashanti forced herself to get up and wore new clothes before going downstairs. She saw her reflection in the mirror. Her face was still as pale as snow. She sighed.