𝟒𝟕 - 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧

"You know thinking back now, I specifically remember promising myself I would never return to this godforsaken planet. Yet, here we are" Anakin muttered.

He manoeuvred the ships yoke down as we entered the atmosphere of the molten planet Mustafar. Unwelcoming memories of the last time I was here trickled into my memory like the scorching, lava river below.

"So where even is this base of the empire? I don't see anything, just...lava and fire and more lava" I said, leaning forward from the co-pilots seat to look out the window.

"We're getting a lot of life form readings a view miles up in the uncharted area of the planet" Anakin pointed at the map projected on the small screen on the ships control panel.

"Well then that's where we're headed. Let's go kill Palpatine and the empire with him" I smirked over at Anakin as he beamed back and leaned over to land a quick kiss on my cheek.

It was at that moment...Kayla stepped into the cockpit.

She had been assigned to the mission with us for extra help against Palpatine. I had decided to put our differences aside as I attempted to smile as politely as possible at the horror that was Kayla but both Anakin and I knew she was a lost cause.

"So...who even is this empire, like I know we are at war with them but...who are they?" she asked, rather idiotically.

I looked to Anakin who looked back at me as our eyes did a tug of war of who was going to answer her. Anakin won.

I sighed and responded "well it seems this wasn't Palpatine's initial plan. He first sought to turn the entire clone army against the Jedi but that failed, instead he orchestrated his own army of soldiers, sith and separatist sympathisers from all across the galaxy who were ready to convert into the first galactic empire as he likes to call it. Luckily he didn't take the republic down with him  when he fled but we have no idea what his next move will be. We are just here to reach and kill Palpatine, not start a full-scale battle"

Kayla nodded as she took on all the information. I must admit, she had become a lot less hostile towards me recently, I think she had finally given up her hopeless love crusade with Anakin and made the smart choice to just watch from the side-lines from now on.

"Can we really take him? I mean there's only three of us against him. he's what? the most evil, most powerful emperor in the galaxy and along with the entire empire he has built, I mean what if this goes wrong?"

"Don't panic Kayla" Anakin said without turning round "everything is going to be fine. This is where the fun begins"

I laughed and placed my hand on Anakin's shoulder as Kayla strutted back into the passenger area and we approached the location of the detected life-forms.

Our jaws dropped simultaneously as we both gawked as a huge stone,  black palace like facility the size of the entire Jedi temple came into view. The smile was wiped from my face as I took in the mysterious empire base that Palpatine had been constructing all this time. Around the whole perimeter of it was a blaring red laser-gate, warding off any intruders, or any Jedi.

"What have you been up to Palpatine?" I whispered under my breath in shock.

Anakin spoke "Okay, I'm going to land us out of range of their scanners and we will plan our next move from there...I sense a trap. And as Obi-Wan would say..."

We finish his sentence in unison "spring the trap"

We landed the ship with a crash as Anakin attemtped to dodge the spurting lava and I must admit we were all relieved when we finally touched down, even Anakin (GIF above, I love this GIF btw 🥵)