🐢 97 🐢

AN: late Halloween chapter, enjoy

Heechul's POV

Halloween is here, which is great, but unfortunately Siwon is busy and he works at Halloween. Namjoon has some work to do in Japan, so he is taking his family with him on a trip. Ryeowook is sick so he also can't come over and it makes me sad. No party this year!?

It is irritating because I am the best mommy and I need to make him happy. Yesung probably doesn't mind it, right now he is bitting on the corner of his blanket and watches The Flintstones. I sigh and kneel down next to him. My baby doesn't even notice me and focuses on the cartoons while I stroke his hair. Yesung is watching the TV for a while and I get an idea. We can have a small party! Just two of us and we will have so much fun. I order sweets and delicious food which will arrive in 40 minutes. Luckily, for me Yesung is feeling sleepy, we had lunch just an hour ago so he is ready to take a nap.

Yesung is sleeping and I hurry upstairs in my closet. I know that it is weird to have a box with a Halloween costume hidden in a closet, but I really liked it and bought it a few weeks ago. I am going to be Maleficent and Yesung is going to be a white bunny because he loves bunnies and he is going to match with the bunny he got from mom. My baby is sleeping and I unpack the food which was delivered. I can already imagine how happy is my baby going to be after seeing what his mommy bought for him. I put a few decorations around the living room and then lean above Yesung's crib. He is so cute when he is sleeping, I could record a movie just about sleeping Yesung. He is sucking on a pacifier and his small hands are tucked under his chin. I softly stroke his hair out of his face and then grab him under armpits.

"Wake up, bunny. Mommy has a surprise for you."

Yesung whines but opens his eyes just a crack. I immediately know that something is wrong, his chin shakes a bit and Yesung bursts into tears. I quickly pat his back and Yesung's crying intensified. Suddenly it hit me - I scared him!

"It's me! Mommy!"

I take off the horns and Yesung calmed down a bit. I need to admit that this wasn't my brightest idea. Yesung is sobbing for a bit longer and I keep patting his back. When he is fully calm, I go upstairs and dress him in a bunny onesie with a round and fluffy tail on the bottom. I pull the hood up so a pair of floppy ears are adorning his head and put warm socks on his small feet. He is the cutest little thing and I quickly take a picture and send it to Siwon.

Yesung sucks on his pacifier and dealt with the fact that I am Maleficent and I mean no harm for him. I pick him up again and go downstairs and prepare some popcorn. Yesung is clinging to me and his eyes widened when he saw so many treats lying on the kitchen counter. He got sippy cup full of orange juice and I take the bowl full of popcorn before heading in the living room to turn the TV on.

"What movie does my bunny want?"

Yesung is staring at the screen before a picture got his attention and he squeals while pointing at it.

"Monster's INC? Okay."

He has seen this movie so many times, but he apparently still loves it. Yesung is drinking his juice and watches the movie with his mommy completely forgotten. I offer him popcorn and Yesung takes a few pieces before looking up at me. His short fingers grab few pieces of popcorn and he brings his hand to my lips.

"Thank you, bunny."

I gently pat the top of his head and strokes the bunny ears. I think that he should wear this much more often because it makes him so adorable. Yesung's attention is back on the movie and I rub his small foot. Halloween isn't only about watching movies so after Monster's INC ended, we need to play some game. I bring few things and put them on the coffee table in the living room. There is white glue, sequins, buttons, glitter, paper plates and plastic spiders. We will create a sparkly spider web but it also means I need to be careful so Yesung won't create a huge mess. I start with drawing a spider web on one paper plate with glue and Yesung grabs few sparkly stars while I draw another spider web on another plate. I am decorating my own plate, but pay attention if Yesung isn't eating the sequins or buttons. He is focusing so hard that the tip of his pink tongue sticking out and he is occasionally frowning while trying to place the buttons and sequins on the best places. When we are done, I covered the paper plates in glitter. I use several colors so the outcome looks great. Yesung is completely mesmerized while watching the glitter sparkling and I let him to silently admire the glitter before going to peel few apples. I bring him the plate full of apple slices and tell him that I hid few paper ghosts in the house and every ghost has a candy. After hearing the word candy, Yesung dashes out of the living room to find the ghosts and get candies.

The ghosts are hidden quite carelessly so Yesung has no problems with finding them and doesn't get frustrated. There are so many candies, like rainbow cotton candy, strawberry Hershey's chocolate or cookies with chocolate chips. Of course I won't let him to eat everything but he can choose something to eat while watching another movie. This time we watch Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie and Yesung is getting tired and I put chicken nuggets and French fries in the oven so this day can be really perfect. Yesung finished his dinner really quickly and I pick him up because it is time for bath. He is obviously sad that his daddy isn't back yet, but we can't wait for him any longer. I gave him a short bath and then tuck him in his crib. After turning the crib mobile on, Yesung's eyes become droopy and he fell asleep. I am happy that I managed to give Yesung happy Halloween even without his daddy and friends. But that's the work of every mommy - making your baby happy.