Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff

"Turn to page 394"

"Turn to page 394"

y/n pov

Early the next morning they allowed us to go back to our dorms. Walking through the halls I noticed everyone was quiter and students tended to travel in groups. 

We had DADA today so I hoped that could lighten the mood. Professor Lupin always knows how to let everyone have fun even if we are learning to defend ourselves against evil.

We also had our first qudditch match tomorrow. Oliver said if we lose to Hufflepuff hes going to drown himself in the showers and it will be our fault, so all of us are pretty determined to win.

I walked into the DADA classroom expecting to see the bright smile of my favorite teacher greeting us into class but he wasnt there yet. I sighed and took my seat next to Hermione.

The door was slammed shut as Snape walked in and shut all the blinds. He walked to the front of the classroom and pulled down the projector screen. "Turn to page 394"

Hermione and I gave each other confused looks but opened our books anyway. 

"Excuse me sir, wheres Professor Lupin?" Harry asked. I guess he was exited to see him too.

"Thats not really your concern is it, Potter?" Snape walked to the back of the classroom 

"Suffice it to say that your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." 

Why couldnt he ever just speak like a normal person?

Hermione gasped when she saw what was on page 394 "Werewolves? But sir we've just begun learning about Redcaps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks." 

"Quiet" Snape said

I heard Ron whisper to Harry "When did she come in? Did you see her come in?"

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between a an Animagus and a Werewolf?" Snape asked dryly. Hermione raised her hand.

"No one? How disappointing."

Hermione scoffed "Please sir, an animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal, A werewolf has no choice. Once a werewolf transforms they have no control over what they do. He'd kill his best friend if they crossed paths. Furthermore a werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco howled from across the room and the slytherins snickered. 

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy." Snape said as he gave him a quick glare 

"That is the second time you've spoken out of turn Ms. Granger, are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all?" 

I was shocked at Snapes words. He must have noticed my expression because he then asked "Something wrong Ms. l/n?"

Hermione must have known what I was about to do because she sent me a warning look and shook her head.