16

It has been a few days since I opened up about my past to Nathaniel. Our relationship grew stronger as each moment passed and our respect for each other increased.

After that earth shattering kiss we shared on the night I told everything, we only shared a few pecks to the lips and hugs. I wasn't worried at all about it, as we spend every spare moment with each other, telling stories of our childhood and dreams for our future. We haven't shared a bed again, but I'm content with how our relationship is right now, as neither of us are ready to become parents yet.

As we sail closer to Nordfjord, the winds are becoming harsher, waves are splashing into the ship, and the weather is cooler. Most days I wear a spare coat of Nathaniel's as I wasn't prepared for such cold winds.

He told me the winter season was coming to an end, so the chances of us crashing will be less likely. Although the ship is filled with the most experienced crew members, there is this gut feeling I cannot ignore.

I felt muscular arms wrap around me, as the same comforting smell engulfed my nostrils. I laid my head back and looked up to see my husband. He pecks my lips lightly and goes back to looking at the sea. These quiet moments were special in their own way.

I know this trip is our honeymoon, as Nathaniel will be busy with the kingdom's work once we reach land. I'm enjoying each moment, knowing we would never get this alone time in the near future.

"How are you liking the winter weather?"

"I can now easily say that summer is my favourite season now. Maybe once I see the snow and live through it in land, I may end up liking it."

"I hope you do, as half the year would be like this."

He grins down and me as I stick my tongue out childishly. He cocks his head back and roars out a laughter, as I felt something on the tip of my tongue. Looking down I see ice, no snow.

"Nathan, look, this is snow! It's snowing!"

His laughter ceases as he looks at me with a smile. Like a child, I look quite excited to see this soft I cole fall from the clouds.

"Say that again?"

"Say what again? You mean, snow?"

"No, my name."

I knew where we were heading with this, so I decided to prolong. He seemed to get annoyed by the second and I decided it was time to reach my husband about impatience.

"Nathaniel."

"No, say Nathan."

He practically growls as I leave from his clutches. I couldn't hold in the laughter after seeing his face, which contorted from anger, to confusion, to annoyance.

"What would you do if I don't say it?"

I knowingly taunted him, that is until an evil grin took over his face. He ran towards me and I squealed and ran away. The crew men looked quite shocked to see their King and Queen acting so improperly for royals. I couldn't care less, as now I am a wife enjoying my time with my husband.

I felt the loud footsteps near me, as his large arms encircled around my waist. I felt his hot breath on my neck as he left no space between my back and his front.

"Now that I caught you, say my name."

"Never."

I giggled and squirmed around his hold. I lost my childhood to the hands of my step family, but now I'm reliving it. These careless moments, I didn't have to feel like an adult for once.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw them on the deck of the ship. Nathaniel carried me over and I screamed in terror. I looked down at the dark sea and the harsh waves.

"Say my name or I'll drop you."

"You wouldn't dare. I'm your precious wife."

"Of course I won't drop you into the ocean. I'll merely dip your legs into them. I'm sure the fish will like to have your toe for dinner."

I looked at him in shock as a string of unladylike words escaped my mouth. I stared at him as he stared right back at me and after a few seconds I knew neither of us would back down.

"Nathaniel Kristoph Sielger, put me down right now."

"Very well, Avani Nathaniel Siegler."

I felt the surface of my toe touch the cold sea as he lowered my body. I looked at my husband in shock and flailed around like a fish who was just caught.

Just then a large wave crashed and the grip Nathaniel had on me loosened. I felt my body enter the cold water and despite the harsh waves I tried to resurface. Weeks ago, I would have taken this opportunity to join my parents, but not anymore; now I have a family, my husband who cares and will eventually learn to love me.

Just as I caught my breath, I saw Nathan's large body make a splash in the water as he swam near me. I felt myself drowning again, that is until my husband finally grabbed a hold of me.

I wasted all my energy on trying to keep myself alone for a few seconds, and Nathan was left with no option there than to swim both of us back to the boat with one hand holding onto my tired body and the other battling the current.

I never knew I would be so relieved to feel the cool air, that is until my teeth started chattering. I felt a body lift me up and disrobe me. Looking through my wet lashes, my husband frantically took the outer layer of my dress.

Coming to my senses, I stopped his hand as it was undoing the laces in my corset. He stopped his movement and looked down. I ran my fingers through his wet hair and unbuttoned his shirt. Getting no response, I lifted his head as his eyes held tears and guilt.

"I'm so sorry, Avani. I didn't mean to drop you, the waves tipped the ship and I lost control. I should have held onto you tighter."

"Nathaniel, we were just playing around. Moreover, both of us are fine. Please don't beat yourself over it."

"You were barely fine. If I was a second late, the ocean would have swept you away. I almost lost you to my stupidity and carelessness. You should be angry at me, scream at me, please anything but forgive me."

"I'm not angry at you nor will I scream at you. I won't forgive you either, for you have done nothing wrong. It was poor timing and an accident. Right now I am in front of you and perfectly fine. That is only because you came and rescued me.

Few weeks ago, I would have gladly taken this opportunity to join the sea and my parents. Now I have something to live for, and that is you. I have missed so much in life, but not anymore, Nathan."

A tear fell on his cheek as I said those last words before he crashed his lips on my own. So many unspoken words were spoken through our kiss. Guilt passed, forgiveness was given, relief, happiness, peacefulness, and lust.

We parted away catching our breath, smiling at each other. I was already in my under dress, which was wet and thin, making my undergarments visible.

Using my fingers I unbuttoned his drenched shirt, hoping he doesn't catch a cold from being exposed to the cold water and air. He was finally in his shorts and I looked at his sculpted body. There were ink marks on his chest, but it was also like mountains of his abdomen.

I yearned to touch it with my finger, but stopped myself. I cleared my throat and went to the bathing chamber, to the tub filled with warm water.

"Join me."

I asked quietly, not knowing whether he even heard me or not. I heard footsteps enter the room as he entered the tub and laid behind me.

We were both wearing our undergarment, but it was foggy under the water. His arms wrapped securely around me, as his head was nestled between my neck and shoulder. No words were shared, but we enjoyed this calming moment that was much needed after that near death experience.

~~
Sorry for not updating last week. With the lack of reads and support I'm slowly losing motivation, but I'll try my best to continue completing this story.

Please leave likes and comments for support. Thank you for those who have showed and are showing support.