《20》𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬

the day before training camp

you slam the gymnasium doors open. everybody stares at you, and all balls drop to the floor.

"hey," you wave to them.

mind the TikTok reference😛

you catch bokuto's face before he goes back to practice - biting the inside of his cheek, trying to contain his laugh. akaashi smiles, his eyes going from you to bokuto and back.

"late again are we, l/n?" coach says.

"Sorry," you say.

you quickly drag your feet across the gym and towards your usual bench, avoiding eye contact with everyone. you notice some unusual things. two unforeseen bags are currently occupying your seat. you push them to the floor and put your bag down💅. you grab your things and head to the locker room - getting changed into your manager's uniform.

opening the door to the locker room, you are met with two girls, one midst changing - screaming at the top of her lungs, and the other, grabbing her bag, getting ready to leave. in a manager's uniform.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" the girl with short dark blue hair screeches. she glares at you.

"who are you?" you retort, coming closer to her.

a girl with short blonde hair comes in between us, both hands in front of us. "hana, shut up," she says. she turns to face you. "i am so, so, sorry for her behavior. please forgive us." you look at their facial features. same eye shape, same nose structure, same jaw and facial structure, similar builds and heights, same eye color, and more. except for the hair.

"you're alright. that girl over there needs to calm her flatass down," you say.

"funny. you're the flatass in here. who are you anyway?" she fake laughs.

"her ass is way better than yours, sister." the blondie says.

"the manager of the volleyball team thank you very much," you say with confidence.

she laughs. she turns to face you, finally finished dressing. another manager's uniform. you raise my eyebrows and cross your arms. "the manager my uncle says who barely attends practice?" uncle?

the blondie grabs the girl's arm and both of their bags. "i am so sorry once again. go ahead and change, we'll wait for you outside," she starts heading off. "oh yeah, i'm mina, and this demon right here is hana." she opens the door and heads off.

you head towards your locker and grab a set of sweats and start getting dressed. new twin managers huh...

—-

filling water bottles after water bottles, washing, drying towels after towels, picking up volleyballs after volleyballs. today's practice was a stressful one. everyone finishing working their butts off on new "tricks". writing down notes each and every player's current physical health, weaknesses, and mental health. scoring down the points between the practice matches - teams of 3 against 3.

you've gotten to talk to mina earlier, getting to know her a bit, saying nothing nor approaching the other twin. they both have been at fukurodani since their first years - them being third years. reason being you have never seen or interacted with them was because they've had different classes than you. the only reason they chose to become managers for the team was that their uncle had asked them to. mina wasn't planning on being here long, only during the span of training camp, since apparently "l/n our current manager is lazy and has not been attending practices as she used to." STUPID ASS COACH, I HAD A BUNCH OF CHEM HOMEWORK I NEEDED TO DO😭