47

If the torn pages of calendar could be fixed back, the staff would use every adhesive to stick the pieces together. But no amount of belief or science could bring back the lost time.

The Pietra roof that everyone was eager to visit once, turned into a den where resided a fearsome demon. An akuma that spit lightning and thunder.

"S-sir...W-we checked the f-file again...there's no way to –"

"Don't bring the word 'No' on my table! Get out!" The demon roared, enraged. He shook the marble floor and all the closed doors with his fearsome voice.

The employees ran with their tail between their legs, too afraid to anger their already angered boss – for a reason they do not know.

The akuma ran his fingers through his hair, he killed an urge to pull off the strands. Maybe that would reduce the needles pinning in his head? How many frustrated sighs he had taken? His eyes, his mind, his body has been searching and searching and searching. Hunting every pin and shafts but he was stuck. Oh so very stuck in an endless abyss that brought burning pain on every turn.

He needed to get him out. He needed to rescue him from that place.

What was he going through in that place? Did they give him proper food? Was he sleeping well? They weren't beating him, were they?

The terror, the dread, the fear, the worry – it all glossed into a monster of rage and anger. The only emotion that saved him from the despair.

"A-Cheng." A prime voice alerted the demon. He looked up to see the prestigious woman bringing two cups of something.

"Mom." The akuma acknowledged.

"Come. Let's take a little break." Her voice though calm, it was clear enough that it was not a suggestion but an order.

The demon got up from his majestic seat, walked to the leather couch and sat in the opposite direction. Zhang Jing Tong smiled and got up from her seat and sat next to her stubborn son.

"Drink up now hm?" She said tenderly. Wang Zhuocheng looked at the two cups place over the glass table. His heart thumped when he recognized the Gyukuro stems. It was the drink, his beloved love the most.

He picked up the cup and took a sip. Just as the warm liquid touched his gullet, tears brimmed his dry eyes. The color, the taste, the aroma, it all reminded him of his precious – The one who was gone.

Zhang Jing Tong placed her arm around his shoulder. She knew her willful son wouldn't speak up, so she had to take the initiative to sooth her obstinate child.

The moment the motherly warmth embraced him, the pearls begun to fall from his eyes. This was the first time, his anger turned into tears – tears of his broken heart.

"I am going to buy a house in Japan." He cried. He let the droplets fall, he let them escape, he set them free to take the baggage with them. "I am going to give him a place to call home."

He put him through pain, he let his beloved suffer alone, all to avoid this. To avoid this separation. How was he going to live 2 years without him?

"I will give him peace. I will give him love. I will give him everything he couldn't have." His voice was shaky replicating the pattern of his heart, the same broken melody it played when he had to say the first good-bye.

"No matter what he asks, I will give him all. I will make him the happiest."

Zhang Jing tong hummed to her son's confessions. She acknowledged his desires; she heard his cries.