adore you

a/n Hi! Thanks for 7k! Welcome to all the new readers!

34.
HARRY'S POV

I wake up relieved that I slept at all.

I didn't sleep the night she got angry with me. I held her and felt her drift off in my arms, and then laid there thinking for hours. And once I felt her stir awake I let go and went about my day.

But last night was better, because I managed to work out what was going on in my head. And I wrote a song. I wake up before she does today, slipping softly out of bed and reaching for my journal I had scribbled lyrics into before we slept last night.

I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you.

It's written all over the page. The way she filmed me yesterday during the shoot. It reminded me of the first time. The honesty and vulnerability she pulled out of me. What I told her about the way she made me feel. Like staring into a furnace. Like walking on fire. I smile down at the words, satisfied with the way they sound, connect. It'll make a great song.

I'm so thankful for the patience that she had yesterday. It warmed me up, allowed me to find these lyrics inside myself.

I pull my guitar out of its case at the foot of our bed and quietly tune it, before settling on a chord. She heavily sighs and twists under the covers, squinting up at me in the sunlight filtering through the window. "Good morning," she murmurs.

I smile and play the chord on the guitar, my heart suddenly racing. "Want to hear something?" I let the words fall out of my mouth before I can second guess myself. She blinks, taken aback, but then draws near, wrapping the comforter around her shoulders.

"Yes, of course."

I take a deep breath and softly play the chord again. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you," I sing quietly. She grins and tilts her head. My eyes dart to hers before looking down at her hands. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you."

"Wait," she reaches out and touches my arm gently. "Play the chord again," she smiles shyly. I obey. She closes her eyes and softly sings on an ah. The string of notes makes the hair on my arm stand up. I drop the guitar neck into my lap and listen. Her eyes peek open and she laughs. "You have to sing your part still."

I quickly pick up the guitar again and strum out the chord.

"I'd," Quinn sings.

"Walk through fire for you, just let me adore you," I murmur. She wraps the blanket around her tighter.

"Pretty," she sighs.

"Thank you."

"Thank you," she retorts. "For sharing. I like to hear the songs you write about me."

"Mm," my heart lurches. "I'm sure you will, someday," I vaguely promise. It'll happen eventually. But to be honest I'm pretending she never will. The more I think about her hearing To Be So Lonely, and She (which isn't even finished), the more panic I feel. What if she doesn't like them? They aren't really happy songs. They aren't good enough either, not for her. She's magic, she's every color in the rainbow. She's golden.

Fuck I think I love her.

We've only been dating for two months and I think I love her.

The way I felt yesterday, when she was upset with me, it was like I couldn't breathe.

Fuck. What do I do?

"Baby," she mumbles and sets her chin on my shoulder, her eyes gleaming with amusement. "Where'd you just go?" I shake myself out of my thoughts and kiss her forehead.