7

As soon as they got out of the portal, Jace fell on the floor grunting, "Jace

As soon as they got out of the portal, Jace fell on the floor grunting, "Jace. Okay. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, it's okay" Clary said getting down to Jace's level comforting him

"No going back now." He grunted activating his healing rune while the brunette looked around at the place with her bow in hand, "What is all this?" The redhead wondered.

"Experiments. Valentine's favorite hobby" Sarah answered with disdain as she watched the needles on the floor.

"There's no one here." Jace remarked as he walked around with his blade, Clary turned to him, "Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that, that Portal would take us to my father."

Sarah turned sharply to the locker when she heard banging on its door, "Stay with Jace behind me" Sarah demanded as she opened the door of the locker raising her bow ready to shoot.

Sarah lowered her bow at the man that was cowering with fear, "No, no. You died" She shook her head in denial as Jace did the same, "How?"

Clary frowned at the two siblings, "Jace? Sarah?"

"Sarah, Jace... is it really you?" the man wondered looking from Sarah to Jace in wonder.

"How do you know this man?" Clary asked as Jace watched the man with a teary eyes, "He's our father."

Michael Wayland got out of the locker approaching his children cautiously, Jace was the one who approached Michael hugging him tightly, "Dad?" He held into his father while Sarah watched them with clenched jaw, "Son."

"Sarah?" Michael looked at his daughter who shook her head, "No, Valentine, he killed you. I watched you die that day"

"No, Sarah. It's me. I'm here" Michael stated before turning to Clary, "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace and Sarah's father. Look, I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." He explained.

"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" She questioned watching Michael.

"He took her with him. You are?" He wondered as he stared at the redhead with narrowed eyes, "I'm Clary, her daughter. Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." She explained after introducing herself.

Jace was about to fall grunting in pain when Clary got him holding into him tightly, "Jace, no!" Clary called out.

Sarah approached her brother holding him from the other side, "What happened to him?" Michael wondered as he stared at his son

"Ravener venom." Sarah answered quickly as she looked at her brother in comcern, "His stele. Where is it?" Her father asked but the brunette shook her head.

"It's not going to work, the rune is too weak, he needs help" She stated firmly as she helped her brother

Michael nodded, "Valentine's got a standing Portal. Let's go." Sarah and Clary were helping Jace walk while Michael was leading them to the portal, "Hey, Jace, stay with me. Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way out past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa. You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?"