chapter 28

Around lunch time, Adar's mother got a call from Sinaan's mother. She had a frown on her face, once she ended the call.

" what happened ?" Adar's grandmother asked, most of the ladies of the house were in the living room at that time. " Sinaan's mother said that it would be her coming to get Adar. Sinaan is busy, he wont be able to come " she said in a low voice. 

"its a ritual, it should have been him coming to get her " her grandmother said , adar looked away not knowing how to answer the accusing looks of her family. 

" what else could we have expected ? like mother like daughter, she must have done something wrong, he might just not have liked her enough to value her even on the second day of the wedding"her aunt said vehemently. Adar looked down at her fisted hands, not saying a single word, not giving any explanation.

" may be , he is really busy " her step mother said,not wanting her aunt to make a big drama out of it. Adar went to her room silently, not having the heart to face anyone. A few drops fell from her eyes as she sat on her bed.

She quickly cleaned her face, as she saw her mother entering the room . her mother looked worried." i havent done anything wrong ... " she said in a small voice, trying to control her trembling chin. 

Her mother pulled Adar in her arms, " dont take your aunts words to heart, you know how she is " her mother said running a hand over her daughter's long hair.

" yes , i know, how she always want to point out what a disappointment you and me are , how worthless we are... " Adar thought, but couldn't voice it.

"Adar..... dont let me be disappointed. Try your hardest to make space in everyone's heart there.Your place is there now, not here anymore " her mother uttered the bitter words, which were the reality of her daughter now, she wanted Adar to try her hardest to make her space in her new family, because she knew returning wasnt an option.....

Adar nodded , ducking her head down, not wanting her mother to see her tears, to see her helplessness. The mother who knew by the slight trembling of her daughter's hand that she was crying, but went out, knowing she couldnt give Adar a shoulder to cry on at that moment.

In the evening, Sinaan's parents came to pick her up. Everyone acted normal, as if it wasn't  big deal.

-------------------

After dinner, chashman was in dada saeen's room, when miraan entered the room, she excused herself saying that she wanted to sleep. 

Miraan watched her exit, she hadnt even bothered to take a single glance at him.

" Is everything okay, Miraan ?" Dada saeen asked raising an eyebrow. His aged eyes saw more than miraan afforded to show at that moment. 

" yes " Miraan said with a shrug, but he also wasnt sure, why Chashman was acting like this. 

After closing the door of her room, Chashman called hanan" you disloyal girl! finally, you remembered me " he said as if they hadnt talked just a few days ago. 

"I wanted to know something hanan " she said gravelly , making hanan know that the matter was serious. 

" what is it ?" he asked with knitted brows.

"I wanted to know about Miraan....I have heard somethings about him and they arent good..... " chashman said knowing that it was only hanan she could discuss it with.

He pulled a deep breathe" why are you taking interest in all this chashman, just maintain your distance " he advised her. 

"i want to know " she said quietly, showing him that she meant business.

------------------------

Salaam readers, heres the update.