𝟑𝟑

a/n: Charlotte's dress for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━═☆

27th of January used to be Charlotte's favourite day of the year, why, you may ask. Well, it must be no surprise that one's favourite day of the year is their birthday, the day they get another year older. Well, not anymore.

162 years old, wow.

The brunette vampire loved baking, she could bake to save her life, like a lot of baking. It was the best thing about her birthday, she and her sisters used to start the day with baking cupcakes, then decorating the house, bringing the rest of their friends over, and finally finishing the day with opening gifts with all of her family members.

That was why she started her day with baking in the Salvatore Boarding House's kitchen, she skimmed through the ingredients and instructions, just to refresh her memory before pulling out a mixer, she intended to do dozens of cupcakes, a few for herself and the rest for whomever she sees on the way out.

Charlotte pulled out a bowl and cracked the eggs into it, merely stopping when she heard someone walking into the kitchen, "Morn-," She paused, cracking another egg, "-ing."

"What are you making?" Elena asked, leaning against the kitchen's island.

"Cupcakes."

"All I see you do these days is cooking, breakfast, lunch, now dessert," Elena chuckled, claiming as she popped one of the cherries, for the topping, in her mouth.

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, "It relieves stress and I love food."

"Why would you be stressed?"

The Bernard girl turned on the mixer before looking at Elena, "Isn't it obvious? My best friend was never dead, I grieved her for no reason and her fiance is ready to sacrifice you. Today is not something to be celebrated."

Elena pinched her lips, "Well...she doesn't hate you so that's a given."

"Katherine's free, another given. Meaning I won't have to blame myself that she is stuck in a tomb starving because of me," Charlotte chimed in, turning off the mixer before pulling out a cupcake pan, "Finally."

"We need to talk, you know?"

"Don't talk about what I think you want to talk about."