Prologue

The empire of Auvrovaria was the biggest and most powerful in the whole world. Known for its beauty and developed civilization, as well as its army of loyal knights led by none other than Emperor Arthur.

The latter was a strong, wise and courageous man who, at the age of 20 and after the death of his parents, ascended the throne. Since he had no siblings, he was the only heir.

Two years after his crowning, and at the age of 22, he went on an expedition to hunt down the greatest murderer that the universe has ever known, the Demon King Vuglonith.

That abominable being was the cause of several massacres of villages and kingdoms. He was also the main cause of the late emperor and empress' death. Everyone lived in absolute fear because of him.

After his expedition which lasted two years, the emperor finally succeeded in defeating the demons' king and destroying him once and for all. Thus freeing his people and other kingdoms' people from that terror that lasted for centuries.

Once back at the palace, Arthur was warmly welcomed by his faithful servants who decided to organize a huge ball in his honor where all the citizens of the country were invited, having a title of nobility or not.

The emperor was not a very big fan of balls. He was much busier with managing his empire and caring for the welfare of its citizens that he almost forgot how to relax and have fun.

Plus, the thing that he hated the most about balls was the fact that nobility's daughters tried tirelessly to pounce on him and seduce him, hoping that he would choose one of them to become the future empress.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

After long preparation, the day of the ball finally arrived and all the guests gathered in the main hall, awaiting the arrival of the emperor. Once the latter entered and made his speech, the festivities began.

The atmosphere was very friendly. Everyone had fun dancing to the soft music played by the orchestra, chatting with each other about how it felt great to be at peace after such long years of war and fear, and tasting the delicious dishes prepared by the royal chef.

The emperor remained seated on his throne, accompanied by his best friend since childhood and also right-hand man, Duke Angus Lobelia who was standing beside him.

"Everyone seems to be having a good time, Your Majesty," said the tall, brown-haired and orange-eyed man with a soft smile.

"Yeah. I'm glad that peace reigns again in our empire. These people suffered enough for many years. It's time for them to live freely without any fear," replied Arthur.

"Yeah, you're right. And it's all thanks to you that they are capable of living like this, now."

"And also thanks to the help of my faithful friends and servitors. Without them, I don't think I would have been able to succeed."

The two young man looked at each other, a friendly smile on their lips. Seconds later, the duke's smile turned up into a teasing smirk.

"Do you know what's missing in this ball, Your Majesty?"

"No? What does?" asked the puzzled emperor.

"An empress and a little heir or heiress."

Arthur burst out laughing at his friend's statement.

"Looks like you want some company for your son," he replied, wiping away a tear from the corner of his eye.

"Maybe I do. But, what I want the most is to see my best friend happy with his own family."