CHAPTER X

WARNING! 

There is a possible triggering part later on for the sake of the story but please, if you do not want to see it, stop when you see (Y/N) coughing out something later on. 

There are no depictions of self-harm but just putting this out there in case. 

~ * ~ 

~ * ~ 

"Hey, beasty! Over here!" Grim called to the faceless monster.

The faceless monster growled at that, "LEAVE!!" 

The creature yelped at the sight of the beast quickly running towards them. "It's coming!" 

"Come this way!" (Y/N) attracted its attention next. 

The beast turned its head at the (h/c) girl's direction next. "Girl. . here. . too. . but won't give. . still mine. . mine!" 

It diverted its attention to the girl next and ran as its lantern's handle was now hanging by its arm. As it did before, it stretched its free hand and tried to grab the girl but was evaded once again. 

"What does that thing want from you?!" the monster screeched. 

"I don't know, but just get it as far from the tunnel as possible!" The (h/c) girl instructed as she along with  the creature bolted towards the mine's interior with both Ace and Deuce waiting.

"Go away! Go away!!" The beast chased after them, contradicting what it wished for as the girl thought. 

"It's kinda far from the tunnel now!" Grim pointed  out as the magicless being nodded and turned to Ace. 

"Now!" 

"Okay, I got this! Let's go, Extra Large Tempest!" The ginger-haired male nodded as he cast a strong gust of wind towards the faceless monster. 

"And the Great Grim's Fire Special! Fungaahh!" Grim followed, casting his blue fire next. 

The duo magic of the magicians' caused the flames to circle around the beast with the wind, swirling as it roared from the impact. 

"Look at that! I can even fan Grim's shoddy flame to an inferno!" 

"it's not shoddy! Ugh, every word that comes out of your mouth pisses me off!" 

"Now's our chance!" The magicless being exclaimed as she gave Deuce a nod, signalling him its his turn with a look of assurance on her features.