He was their friend

"We gotta get you to your little girlfriend

"We gotta get you to your little girlfriend."

harry pov

"Is there no chance in fixing it?" Professor Lupin asked me as we walked across the castle grounds.

"No." I responded sadly. My broom had been completely destroyed and since I couldn't go to Hogsmede, I'd have to wait until next school year to get a new one. He nodded in understanding and we fell into silence.

I decided to finally ask the question thats been tearing me up for weeks.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean more than anyone esle."

"The dementors are amongst the foulest of creatures to walk this earth. They feed off of every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with absoloutely nothing but fear, saddness, and anger."

He must have seen my confused expression because he then continued "You are not weak Harry, The dementors affect you most of all because there are great horrors in your past. Not many of your classmates can even imagine what you've been through."

"Im scared, Professor"

"Well you'd be a fool if you weren't." He chuckled.

I stopped walking and he turned to look at me "I need to know how to fight them, you could teach me since you fought the dementor on the train."

He looked doubtful and thought for a moment. "I dont pretend to be an expert Harry," He sighed "but as the dementors have seem to developed a particular intrest in you perhaps I should teach you."

"So we'll start after the Holidays then?" I asked a little more cheerful than when we walked out here.

"Yes, for now I need to rest."

~

y/n pov

The Holidays arrived quickly at Hogwarts. All the leaves melted off the trees as the weather grew colder. Everyone always had on their heavy winter coats and scarves. I didn't mind, I've always loved the cold.

I stood in the clock tower with Harry looking out at the winter wonderland our school had become due to the thick layers of snow.

"I can't beleive its almost Christmas" I said "It feels like only yesterday we were on the train on the way here."

"What are you doing for Christmas this year?" he asked.

"I don't want to go home. My father has been ignoring my letters and when he does reply hes always vague and finds something to lecture me about." I looked down

"He's been this way ever since my mother died. I remember every Christmas we used to sit around the tree and sing muggle Christmas songs." I lightly smiled remebering the happy memorys we used to share.