7.22

"You asked for me?" Tang Qingshan stood before Mo Chou, his face truly cold and harsh. Having learnt what he hadn't known before, his heart was worried. Maybe, he even felt a bit betrayed deep inside.

Tang Qingshan had saw the signs even from the assassination before, where the man was talking so weirdly to Lu Fengmian. His first instinct was to believe Lu Fengmian, because something in him told him to trust the man. Now, realizing that the man was a fox demon, that his sister was the one who killed his father, he was conflicted. He wanted revenge for his father, but he also wanted Lu Fengmian to redeem himself, for Lu Yingyue to tell him the truth about his father's death.

Mo Chou looked at Tang Qingshan's face, noticing his slight oddity. "I heard that Weiyuan has come back. How is Fengmian doing?" Unlike Tang Qingshan, who was unaware of the feelings Lu Fengmian had towards himself, Mo Chou had clearly seen it. Unfortunately, Lu Fengmian loved a man whose heart belonged to someone else.

"He left." Tang Qingshan simply said, his eyes heavy. He didn't go any further. While he was betrayed, Tang Qingshan knew that Lu Fengmian's actions had been real. Until the ending really came, Tang Qingshan wouldn't let anyone else know about his identity. This was his own conflict to solve, no one else's.

Mo Chou didn't continue, knowing that Tang Qingshan didn't want to continue with this topic. "Mo Shen has begun moving. I dug in a bit and found out that he has begun making a deal with the fox demons. He has some connections with Hong Pavilion, and I presume that the owner of Hong Pavilion is using the people within it to find out information."

"What do you want me to do?" Tang Qingshan asked, his voice chilly.

"Monitor Mo Shen's action closely. The people by his side have begun moving quite a bit. I presume that he wants to rebel soon." Mo Chou added.

Tang Qingshan listened, quite and silently, he merely nodded his head. Truth be told, he had other things on his mind, especially Lu Fengmian. That man, Tang Qingshan knew that he was really true, that he wasn't lying and just trying to get close to him for the sake of using him.

"I understand, then I will take my leave first." Tang Qingshan didn't stay any longer when he knew that he had matters he needed to solve.

Mo Chou watched as Tang Qingshan left, gently shaking his head. This... reminded him of a familiar scene from his past. Back then, a man had once walked from him too, slipping right out of his reach. Because he was blind, he had let the one he loved most slip away, he had hurt him. Thinking about it, he wondered how that man was doing.

Thinking this, Mo Chou smile regretfully. Unfortunately, he was impulsive back then, he had been blinded and had let greed get to him. He had hurt the man he loved most, causing a scar for the both of them.

If time could be turned back, how many mistakes would have been fixed then?

-

"He is a demon, he is a fox demon."

"His sister was the one who killed your father, I'm sorry for not telling you. You are my son, I knew that you trusted him and that you truly cared for him, but things have already come to this point. I don't want to lie to you forever."

There was an aching from deep within his heart. Tang Qingshan's eyes grew clouded. Having ditched his carriage, Tang Qingshan walked aimlessly in the streets, bustling. Night had come, the Moon festival was being celebrated by everyone.

Yet, in Tang Qingshan's heart, he had begun to waver. Lu Fengmian had already become a someone he truly cared for. Now that he found out they were enemies, what could he possibly do? Tang Qingshan avoided the people walking, ignoring the voices overlapping from around him.