⠀⠀𝟯𝟬. ❛ WOMEN OF THE YEAR ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 ❜

chapter no. 030!

❝ A LOSING BATTLE

❝ A LOSING BATTLE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     "IT'S JUST FOR ONE NIGHT, AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE FUN, THEN WE'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!" Penelope Garcia exclaimed, trailing behind Cara Valentine as she walked back to her desk. It'd been a quiet and uneventful Friday at the BAU up until now, and the team had been thankful for that.

     "You make it sound like we're hooking up," Cara retorted. Morgan laughed, quickly covering it up with a cough as Penelope shot him a haste glare. An amused smirk played on his lips as he looked back down at his paperwork, shaking his head.

     The colorful blonde huffed. "Normally, I'd flirt back and jokingly take you up on that, but I'm too busy being frustrated," she replied, crossing her arms.

     Plopping into her desk chair, Cara placed her mug of coffee down. "Why are you frustrated, bubblegum?" she asked absentmindedly, sifting through the files on her desk.

     "I'm frustrated because you're being stubborn, Rose!" Penelope huffed, groaning as the woman didn't bother to meet her gaze.

     Tonight was girls' night, and JJ and Penelope were determined to get Blake and Cara to join them. The four women had been talking in the kitchenette, but when girls' night was brought up, Blake and Cara dispersed— causing the other two to split up and follow after them.

     "Penelope, you know that arguing with me is a losing battle," Cara sang, shaking her head. "I'm not going."

     "Well, I'm not taking no for an answer. You're going." Penelope stated firmly, not backing down when the blonde gave her a cold glare. "Either you go, or we'll bring the party to your apartment."