S L Y T H E R I N

The feel of the train setting off on it's long journey made me stumble slightly—my shoulder hitting a wall. The floor trembled as I watched the platform slowly disappear from my vision, only to be seen my people sitting in the back compartments.

I was looking for an empty compartment on the Hogwarts express, a train filled with hundreds of different students. All holding a different story in their past. It was my first day going to Hogwarts as I've transferred from beauxbatons and it is now 7th year.

I've been extremely nervous the past few days leading up to today, starting a new school with hundreds of new people can be overwhelming. The thought of not knowing anybody set a knot in my stomach, the rope tight and stiff-almost unbreakable.

I've learnt that at Hogwarts there are four houses. Gryffindor, hufflepuff, ravenclaw and slytherin. Personally I'd like to be in slytherin as I've heard that is the most rebellious house. The house that people shy away from. Both my parents are muggles. They decided to send me to beauxbatons because they didn't want me around any boys, mostly my dads decision. So maybe being in slytherin could make my life a bit more exciting, more interesting, more unexpecting. However, I heard that muggle borns don't get sorted into slytherin but maybe, just maybe things will be different.

I slowly make my way though the train corridors, looking down and not making eye contact with anyone. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself, I thought it was best if I just lay low. But then suddenly, I bumped into a body.

The smell of mint and cologne attack my nose. The strong smell making it's way throughout my body. I slowly looked up to meet a pair of piercing silver eyes with a hint of blue. He had platinum blonde hair that fell over his forehead. His expression was cold as he looked down at me—his height giving him an advantage. I examined his face closely, and it seemed he was doing the same until we quickly came back to our senses-realising what had just happened.

"Watch where you're going would you?" he scoffed and gave me a disgusted look, his nose scrunched slightly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" I said to the platinum blonde male. I thought being polite would be the best route, but his tone said otherwise.

"Well I think you should start paying attention" he said angrily, brushing off his clothes. He was wearing a full black suit, his top button was released free-exposing a part of his collarbone.

"I said I'm sorry, you don't have to make such a big deal about it" I said returning his tone, crossing my arms over my chest and standing my ground.

"Do you know who I am?" he said stepping closer to me. "I think you should treat me with some more respect." He tilted his chin up in the air, as if showing his significance that I didn't give one crap about.

"Well I don't know who you are, since I'm new. And by the way your acting I think respect is that last thing you deserve" I said glaring daggers at him, not backing down from my first interaction with a stuck-up Hogwarts student.

He stood there studying my face and glancing up and down my body, a little smirk appearing on his light pink lips.

"What's your name?" He asked smoothly, leaning his elbow on the window next to him. "Not that it matters" he glanced away quickly.

Raising a brow I asked- "If it doesn't matter then why are you asking me?" I challenged and I watched his stormy eyes flicker slightly.

"Because I want to know" he said leaning in close to my face. "And I always get what I want". He said with a wide, smug smirk.

I could feel his breath on my face, his beautiful eyes fixed on mine. We starred at each other for a moment, examining one another, getting lost in eachothers eyes. I quickly snapped back into reality and chuckled.