Chapter 30: Say Yes

It's been about a month since my urges have hit for the first time. And, this whole thing about controlling said urges has been a lot easier than I was anticipating. Over the past four weeks, Crowley has been slowly easing me into being around people again. And, the more I do it, the easier it is to control my urges. At this point, I've been in large crowds about five times, and nothing has happened. Sure, I'll still feel the itch, but I can refrain from scratching it.

   Meanwhile, when I'm around Sam, Dean, Cas, and Crowley, I'm just as itch-free as ever. I feel so free when I'm around them. I don't feel like something evil, and I can tell that they don't see me as such either.

   Right now, I'm sitting on my bed in the bunker, reading a book. I know that the possibilities of e-books are endless these days, but, call me old-school,  I prefer physical copies of books. Something about the way the paper feels in my hands and the way I turn the pages is very comforting.

   I'm ripped from my own little world when someone knocks on my door, even though it's open.

   I look up, and Crowley is leaned up against the wall, smiling. "Enjoying your book?"

   It's then that I hear Dean whining loudly from the research room. It seems to have something to do with Crowley, since his eyes narrow slightly before going back to normal.

   "I was," I say in a faux mad tone.

   He looks a bit sad at my response, so I smile to let him know I'm joking. "What's up, babe?"

My now chipper tone and bright expression makes Crowley's pouty expression turn into one similar to mine. He glances at my alarm clock that's on my nightstand. "It's about dinnertime. So, would you wanna go out to a nice restaurant tonight? Maybe give yourself a break from the constant burgers and fries?"

"YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY BURGERS!" Dean shouts from the hallway.

I roll my eyes. "DEAN! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT EAVESDROPPING?"

"LOTS OF THINGS, PROBABLY. I JUST TUNE YOU OUT."

Crowley scoffs at Dean's immaturity, waving his hand.

The door shuts in response, and Dean lets out a pissed off whine after.

"So, what do you say, kitten?" Crowley asks me, looking excited.

That's odd. We go out to eat quite often, and sure, he looks happy about it, but, he's never looked excited. I wonder what's different about today.

I nod, standing up. "Sure, why not? I could use some (your favorite classy food)."

   My boyfriend's grin nearly makes me melt. "Excellent." He snaps his fingers, and I'm in a (f/c) dress that hugs my figure nicely. (F/c) heels accompany the dress, and I begin to get slightly nervous that I'll trip while walking in them. A quick look in the mirror tells me that my hair is also less unruly than it was before.

   I smile, looking back at Crowley. "Still not letting me dress myself, huh?"

   He shrugs. "What can I say? I like that color on you."

   He snaps his fingers again, and my surroundings go from my room in the bunker to the outside of a fancy restaurant I've never seen before in the blink of an eye.

   I'm about to walk in when Crowley taps me on the shoulder.

   I look up at him. "What?"

   He points to an unknown object, so I follow his point and gasp at what I see.