CHAPTER 33

AZ
Song: Better - Khalid

I sit in my car and stare at the gate, unwilling to drive inside. I just got my car back today, I just got access to my TV, my card, everything. But as usual, I just had to mess up again. I really don't know how I can tell Gramps about this. He'll freak out, I know he will.

As far as he's concerned, I can never get involved in something like that. I don't know how but I want to keep it that way. I could still keep it from him though. I could steal his phone and block Mukefor's number so he won't be able to reach him!

Yes!

That's what I'll do...

To be honest, I don't regret what happened. It was exciting and seeing Kacely being so daring was so enticing. I know he's not used to this type of things, that's why the idea of him wanting to thrills me so much, it couldn't get any better.

A car horns and I snap out of my thoughts. I had parked across the road and I didn't even realise it. I make way for the angry woman behind me and I try my best not talk back at her, it was my fault in the first place but who the hell does she think she is to be yelling at me?

Drongo! (Drongo is an Australian slang for a stupid person.)

I drive in and park my car. Gramps is not on the veranda as usual. What if he's out? That way Mukefor will be able to reach him.

I get out of the car hurriedly and head inside. He's not on the couch either. I'm screwed.

"Baby" He calls from behind me

"Gramps, hey." I reply when I see him. I haven't heard him calling me baby in a while, the sound of the word warms my heart.

"You look tired" he remarks and kisses my forehead.

OK...

"I am pretty tired. Tennis was a bit tiring today." I smile

"Ashia. When are the competitions again?"

Never, because well you know...
I was caught grinding coochies with a guy in the school pool. The same guy I hooked up with on New Year's Eve, so I might get suspended... again and the principal might be calling you soon that's why I need your phone so I can block his number because that way you won't know about what I did because it might only worsen things between us and I don't want that because I miss you so much...

"Friday, the competitions start on Friday and end on Saturday." I choose to reply instead of the speech in my head.

"I know you will do great. You always do, I bet Shura is the only person who's beaten you in a long time."

"Can we please have a Shura free discussion?" I gasp and walk pass him to get a drink of water.

"What is so wrong with talking about her? She is my girlfriend and she cares for you very much." He defends as I gulp down the refreshing water, ignoring him. I'd rather not say anything. "Azinwi..."

"Gramps, please?" I plead.

"Ok, Ok. I'm tired of fighting with you. Do you want me to be there while you play?" He asks.

"Aren't you busy?" He has never been interested in my games even back when we were in Australia, so why is he interested now of all times?

"Busy? With what?" He runs his fingers through my thick afro. I really should get a haircut.

"I don't know; golf, the orphanage, Shura?" I can't believe I just said that.

"What happened to having a Shura free conversation?" He laughs.