eight

||

THE BOYS STAYED STILL not really sure if they should leave or not

THE BOYS STAYED STILL not really sure if they should leave or not. Victoria was a hard person to read and they had no idea if she was fond of them or not.

"You guys gonna just stand there or come sit down?" Sphina asked. The boys knew of Sphina and frankly they've never had a reason to talk to her. Yeah, she was just as much of a top dog as they were but her attitude was in a whole different place.

"C'mon boys, I don't bite." Victoria patted the spot next to her. The feelings she had about this were weird, she didn't know how to describe them. Could she make friends here, would they like her? Or was her personality too blunt for them?

Victoria wasn't one to over think anything, she just... did.

"Why are you going to school here?" Roman asked.

"Our new headquarters is here now, and this school is for the rich, I think i'd be an outcast at a public school." She chuckled.

"So your staying till graduation, right?" Darian spoke next.

"Yes, I've never stayed anywhere longer than six months so this is a blessing."

"Doesn't your dad travel though, where will you go?" Sphina was the next to speak in this mini interrogation.

"He apparently trusts me to stay alone for months on end, which means I can't throw any parties like I normally would." Victoria pouted.

Quincy hadn't spoken at all but he was not so subtlety staring Victoria down and this didn't unnoticed by her either. Quincy was excited to have her at this school, he didn't know why he was but... he was. He was enthralled by the beauty in front of him.

He knew she would be a conquest, a puzzle piece to figure out and win. But, Quincy is always up for a little challenge. He wants to figure out why Victoria is the way she is, he wants to get to know the guarded and closed off girl, he was utterly fascinated.

It was even odder that Quincy Reed wanted to pursue a girl, much less the girl is Victoria Stryker. Oddly enough, it made sense. Two cold-heartless people that seem to have an interest in one another, but both with a big ego too scared to pursue each other. It just makes sense.

"That means I can come over when ever I want." Darian childishly clapped his hands bouncing up and down on the couch.

"How do you guys even know each other anyway?" Roman looked between the smiling pair.

"He was at every Charity event, gala, ball, you know, and so was I."

"Yup, we hated being at those so much but when our fathers met it kind of just happened."

"Where's your mom?" Quincy quizzed. It was the first time he spoke but not a very good question to ask.

The room fell silent awaiting Victoria's answer but there was none, she kept her head down and just played with her salad. It was a topic she did not want to indulge in.

Sphina cleared her throat, sensing Victoria did not want to answer a question that seemed so personal to her.

"It was good having lunch with you guys but I'm going to show Victoria around, see you guys later?"

"Your not getting rid of me so easily." Darian pulled Victoria into a big hug. He knew Victoria's mom wasn't in the picture but he didn't know the extent of it and he wouldn't push for answers either.

When Victoria was ready to talk she'll talk.

Darian just knew for a fact that the five were going to be great friends.

||

thank you for all the reads and support! make sure to check out my new book I started, you might like it