fifty-five

"Seriously, where are we going?" I asked again as Draco led us down a corridor.

"I'm not going to let us be locked in the dungeons," Draco said.

"Then why'd you bring Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Hey," Goyle said. "We're standing right here."

I glared at him. "Shut up, I wasn't talking to you."

Goyle scoffed. Draco looked down at me. "We need them to help us find Potter."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "And why exactly do we need to find Harry?"

"I want my wand back," Draco said. "Harry took it, and so want it back."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't you just wait a bit—"

"And me and Crabbe want to bring Potter to the Dark Lord," Goyle said.

I turned my head sharply. "What?"

"We get a reward if we bring Potter to the Dark Lord. Don't you want a reward, Draco?" Goyle said.

I put my hand up. "Okay, we are not giving Harry to You-Know-Who."

Goyle looked me up and down. "Aren't you a Death Eater? Why are you so opposed to this?"

I stared at him. "Well, yeah, I am a Death Eater. But we can't just hand Harry over to You-Know-Who. He'll kill him."

"Yeah," said Crabbe, "that's like the whole point."

I turned to Draco. "Did you know about this?"

He looked at me grimly. "Yeah, but he wants him alive."

"How could you—"

There were shouts and more commotion from outside. A battle was starting.

Draco pressed his lips into a line. "Let's just go get my wand back, alright? I think I know where Potter would go."

"What—"

Draco started walking down the hall. Goyle, Crabbe, and I ran after him. We ducked into a corner as we spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione. They were standing in front of a wall.

"The diadem has to be in here," Harry said.

They disappeared into a door that I didn't know existed.

As soon as they were gone, Draco went down the hall. We followed after him. The wall was blank. It was just a wall. There was no door.

Draco paced back and forth in front of it.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"Just wait!" he exclaimed.

Suddenly, the wall began to fold in on itself, creating a door. The door opened, revealing a large room. The room was unlike any I had ever seen. There were large piles of junk everywhere.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"The Room of Requirement," Draco replied. "More specifically, the Room of Hidden Things. Come on, he's gotta be here somewhere."

We followed him into the room. I could hear the scrambling of objects around the room. Someone was in here, searching for something.