11-7-20 "Unwritten"

"Unwritten"

To a familiar stranger;

Hi. We haven't talked in ages. It's been what, two, almost three years, since we've last met? I wonder, how have you been?

And... where should I start? To tell you my story. The story that was never written.

It has been uhmm... let me count. Oh well, I can't clearly remember. But it all started when we where in third year highschool, probably SY: 2011-2012. I was at the back of our house, washing the dishes in our dirty kitchen, when I realized. You and I have been classmates for quite a long while... Ever since I transferred to UB, we were always classmates. And though in highschool, we get shuffled every year, you and I would always remain to be in the same class.

I was like... hey... maybe this is what you call destiny? And since then, I started having a crush on you.

Funny right? How shallow my reason was? Right now, I just find myself ridiculous.

Then we turned to our senior year, SY:2012-2013. I was giving the sky and it's stars an ultimatum; "If you and I would still be classmates for our last year in high school, I will continue to crush on you."

Which is why it made me very giddy to go see the section list on our very first day of senior year. Lo and behold, there it was, Prudence IV, my name. And then I scanned my eyes and was very glad to see yours was there too.

I wanted to squeal. It made my stomach flutter. I couldn't believe that my wishes on the stars came true. So on that day, my simple crush turned into an infatuation.

I don't remember it clearly, but I think our adviser told us to choose five persons to be leaders. Or maybe he just randomly picked the five of us. Amongst the five was Mona, Denie, Rachiel, Jemiah and me. But I was sure of it that all the rest had the liberty to choose their preferred leaders.

Can you remember?

I wasn't picked by anyone. Of course, some others had to be on my group. But they were only there by force, after our teacher urged them that the other groups were full. You didn't choose to be on my group either, instead you chose Rachiel. And I had this inkling that you had a crush on her. It disappointed me most. But you didn't know I had a crush on you. So you were clueless of my emotions at that time.

Again, I couldn't remember it well. But by the time we had our permanent seating arrangements, you were appointed to two seats in front of me. Now that I think of it, it was probably by alphabetical order. But even so, I thought it was destiny that I would be sitting close to you. And it made my heart pound.

Occasionally, I would catch you glancing at the back. I don't really know who you were sneaking glances at, but at the time, I assumed it was me. Of course, now that I'm older, I guess it was probably Rachiel, who was seating a few seats away from me at the back.

Then you and Edelyn started to become a thing. Both of you were actually too tall to be seated at the front row. Me and Glenn would always have a hard time copying notes from the white board. Well, the two of you would usually bicker, and eventually we made a love-team just to tease you.

For me, it was that moment that we started talking comfortably to each other. It was so fun teasing you. And it was also my way for us to become a little bit closer.

So I teased you everyday.

It was a good thing you decided to write that contract. I will not forget it. Edelyn practically forced me to sign it as a witness. She eventually transferred to another seat. And then you swapped seats with Glen. Which is why I recall you seated in front of me. But again, you were too tall. I was having a hard time copying notes. And so we've swapped seats.