A Chicago Love Story (Part 14)

*Before I start, I just wanna say that I'm feeling pretty bad lately... I wish the stuff that was going on was fake but it's not. I loved Von as a whole person even behind his music... I feel so sorry for his family and kids. I pray that he gets the justice he deserves. My baby was too young to die. Rip King Von👑🖤*

I woke up in the morning to Von getting dressed. Me: "Where you going?" Von: "I told you I hadda go to my mom nems house. You still goin?" Me : "Yeah. I gotta find some clothes." I got up and put on some jeans, AF1's and a Nike hoodie. I left my hair down and waited on Von to finish tying his shoes. I left Momma a text tellin her I was gon be at Von's house for a few hours. We got in the car and drove to his  house. When his mom seen me she said "Awee there she is!! She's so beautiful ain't she?" I seen a man standing next to her but I didn't know who he was. Von walked over and gave the man a hug. Von: "Lai, dis my pops. This my girl." He put his arm around me and I waved at his dad. Pops: "She's cute. You still innat game Von?" Von: "Man nah. She changed allat." Pops: "Good. Ya granddaddy and gma in da house if she wanna meet them too." Von walked me in the house and I seen an elderly couple sitting in 2 chairs. Grammie: "There's my grandbaby! Where you been at? *gasps* Von! Who is this??" Von: "Dis my girl Grammie." Grammie: "You're beautiful!! The last one was too though.. I love my grandson but watch out for em." Von: "Ian even like that no mo Grammie." Granddad: "Grandson!" Von walked over and gave his granddaddy a hug. Von: "Wassup granddaddy?" Granddad: "I heard you tammat yeen  in da game no mo? What happened?" Von: "I met somebody that made me wanna change." Me: "Hi.." Grammie: "She's a shy one ain't she?" Me: "Yes ma'am.." Grammie: "Aw baby you don't gotta talk to me like that. Call me Grammie!! Don't be shy around here!" She leaned in and gave me a hug. Von: "Are yall stayin up here for Christmas?" Granddad: "Yea I heard something about going to somebody named Layla's house." Me: "Oh um that's me... I'm Laiya. My parents wanted our families to eat a big Christmas together like we did on Thanksgiving, but they just wanted more of Von's family there." Grammie: "Awe that's sweet! Are you from Chicago?" Me: "No ma'am. I come from Atlanta." Granddad: "Oh you a southern one!" Von: "Granddad... We gon go see what Pops nem doin." 

We walked out and I said "They seem nice." Von: "They are but sometimes the shit they gotta say be a lil too much." A lil boy ran up to Von and started yappin just like JoJo be doing. Von: "Yea lil cuzz. Go play wit T." Me: "Yeah... he most definitely gon get along wit JoJo..." Pops: "Dayvon! Get ya ass over here and help me set up this tree." Von: "Ight! Aye Lai imma be back. Jus make ya self at home and introduce yo self. Folks gon like you." He kissed my cheek and walked over to his dad. I sat down in a chair in the corner of the living room. A group of kids walked up to me. Some of them looked bout 14 and some looked 12/13. A lil boy walked up to me and said "You know Von be playing girls right?" Me: "Oh... Really?" A girl said "Yeah the last girl he had he broke up wit cus he was tired of her." Me: "Baby girl that's not playing her.. Some people just get tired of another person and break up with them instead of staying and hurting them by getting with someone else." Boy: "Who are you? I haven't seen you round here before." Me: "I just moved here at the beginning of the school year." Girl: "And you got with Von as soon as you got here?" Me: "Um no... we was friends at first then he told me he liked me.." Girl: "Did yall meet at school?" Me: "No we met at the corner store then I seen him at school again that day..." Boy: "That's weird yall rushed into it like that." Me: "How old is yall? What yall know bout relationships?" Girl: "We know you ain't supposed to rush into em that quick!" Me: "We was close friends for a good 3-4 months.." Ms. Yvette walked over and said "Yall leave that poor girl alone wit allem questions! Go on! Go outside or something." Von came over after her and said "Mama I'm done. Is there anything else you want me to do?" Ms. Yvette: "No. If you plan on leaving, tell ya granddaddy and allem bye. I'll see yall later." Me: "Bye bye Ms. Yvette." Ms. Yvette: "Oh baby I told you that you could call me Yvette." Me: "I'm sorry it's just a habit." She gave Von a kiss on his cheek and then gave me a hug. Von walked me upstairs so he could grab some clothes cus he was planning on spending the night again. Somebody from downstairs yelled "YALL BETTA KEEP THAT DAMN DOOR OPEN!! WE DON'T NEED NO GRANDBABIES INNIS HOUSE." Von walked over and slammed the door.