4 1 | J U L I E T

I sighed in annoyance when I saw Abeo leaning against my locker, tapping away on his phone.

"What do you want?" I asked without a greeting, shoving him out of the way.

"Good morning to you too, Julia," he said cheerfully.

I heard a few passing students mutter something amongst themselves while throwing us dirty looks. Apparently no one liked that Abeo was talking to me after the drama with Boonsri.

I rolled my eyes as I took out my books. "Just get to the point."

"Are you busy after school today?" He asked, ignoring my hostile tone.

"Yes and no I'm not going anywhere with you." I slammed my locker shut.

He scoffed lightly but it was clear he was enjoying this. "Who says I'm asking you out?" He wrapped an around around my waist, placing a huge palm on ass.

"I didn't. I just said I'm not going anywhere with you. Besides, I have plans with Colin today–"

"That science nerd?!" He rudely interrupted.

"–and other plans with Eli later on," I finished, purposely not mentioning Frida.

"You're going on dates with two different guys on the same day?!" He did not look amused.

"Yes, and that's a problem because...?"

"Because you have plans with them and not me!" He pouted. "Make time for me."

"Abeo, I really don't want anything to do with you. I don't know what you're planning on doing here but a lying, manipulative guy isn't worthy of my attention so look for someone else to keep you entertained." I said sharply, not in the mood for any more playful banter.

He looked taken aback by my abruptness but then he chuckled. "You obviously aren't in a good mood right now."

"Right," I agreed. "So take a hint."

Without waiting for his response, I made my way to class but instead just as I turned the corner to a deserted hallway owing to me being slightly late because of Abeo, I was pulled into a dark empty room by someone.

I was flung inside and the door slammed shut behind me. A tall dark figure stood in front to block any chance to escape. I fell in my knees, having not anticipated such an attack out of nowhere.

Instantly, a hand gripping at my hair and pulled me up by the sheer force of it on my scalp. I hissed out in pain and looked up into the eyes of the perpetrator. Maira stood in front of me, tightening her grip on my hair to the point where I feared she'd rip my precious beautiful hair out.

"Let go," I spit out.

Maira cackled. "Funny how you think that trying to get popular by sleeping with the striker of the soccer team and dressing like a slut will force us to leave you alone."

"Wouldn't it, though?" I smiled sardonically. "I don't see you bullying Nia, Pari or Boonsri like that. It means you're scared of them."

"I'm not scared of anyone," she scoffed. "And don't try to change the subject. Because of you our favourite spot behind the school is gone! There are cameras installed everywhere now and it's all your fault."

"Really?" I asked, genuinely curious. I guess the principal took me seriously and did install cameras at the back of the building where most of bullying happens.

"And you're going to pay for it, you bitch. Murat, do whatever you want with her," she said.

Murat stepped away from the door. Much to my annoyance, Kaan was not with them. It was only Maira and Murat further confirming that they were a tightly knit pair who are closer to each other than they were with the other three.