Chapter 11: Vanished

Walking into the boys dorms early on a Saturday morning was the last thing Darren had on his mind. 

It was cold, it was raining, and he hadn't had any coffee yet. 

But somehow, he was there in the dreary weather to take care of some business. Unfortunately Keene had forbid him from kicking down a certain ravenette's door so instead, he had to go ask Blyke for his keys. 

Other students just now waking up avoided him as he stormed up the stairs, heading to the 3rd floor dorms where Isen and Blyke's dorm was.

The man grumbled out profanities as he tapped his knuckles against the wood door with force. He was in no mood to wait around.

A groan was heard as someone stumbled on the other side, sounding like they were tripping over something. Darren stepped back as a very drowsy Isen opened the door, sleep still very much in his eyes. "Huh...? Doc? What are you doing here so...*yawn* early...?" Doc sighed. "I need to borrow Blyke. I need his keys to get into his old dorm and talk to John."

At the mention of the ravenette, Isen's eyes flew open. He was about to protest when Darren spoke up. "Isen. I'm not in the mood. I just walked through the pouring rain to get here and I haven't even had my coffee yet." Isen went pale but nodded in response. "A-Alright. L-Let me go wake him up..."

He shut the door as he went back in. The doctor raised an eyebrow when he heard yelling, something smacking against the wall before someone else stumbled to the door and opened it. Blyke slumped out in his pj's and socks, pulling his shoes on. "Hey doc...Isen said you needed me?" Darren nodded. "I need your help talking to your ex-roommate. He hasn't checked in yet and Keene needs to finish his headcount list."

The teen went pale with fear before the man huffed. "Relax Blyke. I'll be with you the whole time. It's not like I'm asking you to fight him. I just need your keys." The teen bit his lip before nodding. "Alright..." The doctor nodded and waved for the teen to follow him up to the 4th floor once his keys were securely in his pocket. 

.

.

.

Blyke stopped next to doc before handing him the keys. Darren mumbled a 'Thanks.' He knocked harshly against the door. "John?! Open up!" Darren rolled his eyes before using the keys and walking in. "John! Get your *ss out here!" 

The teen hesitantly followed the man in. They were surprised to find that nothing was out of place. Darren raised an eyebrow, obviously confused. "John?" 

Blyke walked down the hall and looked in his old room which had remained untouched, dust starting to settle on his bed frame. He gingerly brushed his hand against the soft fabric of his bedding, wanting so badly to just lay down and sleep for a year.

He and Isen had wanted to talk with Keene about switching dorms, but rumor has it that seniors were being relocated into the dorms again and they needed all the space they could get.  

As much as he wanted his bed back, he had other things to take care of.

He left and went to the living room and found it tidy as well. It was like the entire dorm hadn't been used in a week. He checked the bathroom but it was also just as tidy. 

Blyke had an eerie feeling start crawling up his back. The entire place looked unused, abandoned. He walked into the kitchen and saw a half eaten apple sitting on the counter. 

Except, it was almost rotted into the surface. 

Blyke almost gagged from the smell before he grabbed a paper towel off the roll next to the sink and swept the rotting fruit into the trash.