3

"Excuse me, what?" Y/n asked a bit taken a back. She was never really one to think about what her own feelings meant.
"I said what I said." Error flicked his hand signalling her to leave. "But that's just me."

Y/n walked out with a puzzled expression marking her face.  The only thing distracting her from her thoughts were the harsh light and the singing of the birds outside. Nightmare and the others were waiting for her.

"Hey Y/n, what's going on?" Dream asked.

It was clear that Error's words left an impact.

'Oh god. What am I supposed to say. I think I might be interested in your brother. And I never noticed until someone made me think about it.' Y/n thought to herself.

"Hey Nihil number 2 they were asking you a question." Omnia reminded.

"Right. Um nothing much." Y/n quickly responded. "Anyways... Let's go I'm starving."

The rest though they did not believe her followed.

"Oh. We're at the place." Y/n said in surprise.

"I think I forgot to mention that." Dream smiled trying to brush off his embarrassment.

Y/n looked around seeing that Blue was engrossed in a t.v. show while ink was focused on drawing something not noticing them.

The group stood in silence as Blue turned from the Tv as soon as the as Ads started to play.

"Oh..." Blue sputtered out surprised," Oh! You're here! You came back!"
His visible excitement was shown in the star in his eyes. Ink looked up to see what the cause of the racket was. A rainbow blush appeared for a split second before he scampered around to greet them.

"Hey! Y/n, Dream, uh Y/n look alike and ..." Ink's pupils changed to question marks as he examined Nightmare. "You look like Dream..." Nightmare was uncomfortable to say the least. He still stayed still not knowing what to do. Ink was like a lion circling it's prey except he has jumping from place tot place grabbing Nightmare's crown at one point then sticking his face a little too close for Y/n's liking.

"Ink. That's Nightmare." Y/n said out loud enough for ink to hear.

"Oh. Right. You look a little bit different from before. You used to be all goopy and a little more menacing. Now you're all tiny and-"

"That's enough Ink." Dream intervened making sure to give a comforting look to his brother.

Y/n took this as a chance to slip out of the crowd. She tapped Nightmare on the shoulder.
"Hey Night, you wanna go somewhere else?"
"Um sure." He responded with a bit of confusion in his voice.

She took his hand whilst a wave a disappointment and embarrassment. I light blush dusted her cheeks.
"So where are we going?"
Nightmare looked at the corridor of the place. It had group pictures of the star Sanses along with a few masterpieces made by ink here and there. What was the center was a golden door reminiscent of the face that once existed. 
"Since my garden was kind of destroyed... I made a new one. It's not the same but I think its still pretty." Y/n spoke opening the door.
Nightmare felt awe looking at all the gorgeous hues surrounding him. From the red and pink roses to the yellow daffodils.

"Y/n... It's so beautiful. You haven't lost your green thumb in all those years.." Nightmare complimented.

The gaurdian's eyes wrinkled as a genuine smile formed. "Thank you Nighty, I'm glad you like it."

The two gaurdians took a walk around the garden. Y/n told stories of how she acquired a plants form different Aus while she could.  Nightmare listened in interest. It came to a point where the sat on a bench.
True comfort was all that they felt.

"Y/n, why were you spacing out earlier?"

Y/n got up quickly out of reflex. "Uh.. Why do you ask?"

"It's just that you looked focused on it instead of listening to Us."

Y/n was visibly uncomfortable. "I really was nothing Nighty." She hoped that would satisfy him. But that was just wishful thinking.

"It is something. I know it is." He raised his voice slightly trying to seem menacing.

"Wait how do you know!" Y/n yelled in response.

"I can sense it! And you're yelling." Nightmare pointed out.

Y/n trying her best to defends her self says the first thing that comes to mind." Just because I'm yelling it does not mean that I have something to hide."

Nightmare paused for a second to give her a dumbfounded glance, " you're making it really easy to tell that you're lying." He smiled.

" No I'm not." y/n continued denying as she thought 'Well shit.' internally.

"Yes you are. "Nightmare pressed on. He seemed like he was starting to get annoyed.

"What makes you say that? You don't know anything about me!"Y/n cried out loud in desperation.

" I've known you for a long time." Nightmare's non existent brows furrowed in confusion. It was clear that he was taken a back by her words.

"For most of that time you were in a... you were someone else." The guardian muttered.

Nightmare was silent from the response. It was at that moment that she knew that she went a little bit too far. The pained expression made her cringe.

" I'm really really sorry. I-I really am. I just don't feel comfortable telling you that right now. I hope you can understand that. " y/n tried to reverse the damage that had been done. Feelings of guilt cradled her soul as she saw Nightmare retreat into his mind.

" No, I see what you mean by that. I really haven't caught up with you over all this time. I just wanted to know why you were acting that way." He responded a little bit aloof trying not to let the pain of a sense of betrayal in his voice.

The silence between the two was deafening. The weight on both of their shoulders was nothing that they both had to bear. Y/n was wondering what she had to do next. She didn't want it to be like this.
This was supposed to be reconciliation. Where they could catch up not a falling out.

----
A/n
I'm dead but im alive. Writing is a struggle. But one thing is sure. Expect more frequent updates.
-yours truly the author