C H A P T E R 15

[15]

A L A S K A

"Al. Al. Al!" Max jumped up and down with his laptop in hand while Leo and me were silently stuffing our mouths with pizza.

The incident was three days ago and the boys never once left my side, well except for the times where they bought more food. Sometimes I wonder why I deserved such wonderful friends.

"What is it, kangaroo?" I muttered before I shoved another slice of pizza into my mouth.

"Kanga- You know what, doesn't matter. Anyway, I found some evidence." A smirk crossed his lips. The food in my hands dropped to the floor and my mouth went open, which wasn't a very pleasant sight since I hadn't swallowed yet, I must say.

"R-really?" I stuttered after I got rid of the food in my mouth. He nodded and turned his laptop around so we could see whatever he found.

What I saw, made my heart stop.

I saw the small frame of my ten year old me, sitting mindlessly on the ground, and my birth giver, glaring down on me. We were in my father's office. My eyes trailed down to the lower corner of the screen. There in green colored numbers was written the date of the most horrible day of my life.

Looking back up at the video, I saw the crazy woman slapping me across the face, whereupon I cowered away, tears flowing down my cheeks. Then, she held up the bottle with the sedatives, making my blood run cold.

I asked her, like the oblivious and stupid little kid I was, what she was doing and as an answer I got a cloth pressed against my mouth. After only a few second, I was passed out and my birth giver grinned evilly, almost maniacally, while she stabbed herself and placed the bloody knife in my hands.

Max skipped the part where nothing happened and continued the video, but not without catching a glance at my pale face. I ignored him, only focusing on the visionary memories of the day that had broken me in more ways than just one.

My family suddenly bolted into the office and their faces sent chills down my spine. All color was drained from them, tears staining their cheeks and causing their eyes to turn red.

Whem my younger self woke up, she screamed bloody murder as she saw the knife in her hands. She threw it away as far as possible, scratching herself in the process, and curled herself up on the floor while watching paramedics rush in and out, helping the psychotic person who had felt not one bit of guilt about what she had done.

Max stopped the video and looked at me with concern spreading on his face. I bet I looked like a freaking ghost again, as white and pale as snow. My cheeks were tear stained and my hands were trembling. You don't see a video of the most  traumatizing memory in your whole life everyday, ya know?