216

"Happy birthday little brother." I smiled at Bryson and handed him the wrapped up present I had bought for him during the summer. It was a sketching set. He had inherited the gift from our mother. His talent for drawing and he had a quill but he didn't have an actual set of different pencils and stuff.

"You got me... a present?" he looked at me with hesitation. "Please don't tell me it's something from dad's shop. I don't feel like being pranked on my thirteenth birthday."

"I promise you it's not a prank." I smiled and sat down next to him. "Go on. Open it."

He glanced at me but then decided to start opening it. I watched in excitement. I couldn't wait to see his reaction. I remember my thirteenth birthday. I got a pair of really nice sneakers from dad and a jumper from grandma. I have loads of them but I don't mind. I absolutely love the jumpers she makes and sometimes I even steal the ones she's made for Sammy, simply because they are bigger in size.

"You did not!" Bryson's eyes widened when he saw the content of the wrapping paper. "This must've cost a fortune!"

"I can say it wasn't cheap." I scratched my arm. "But it's worth it. I want to see you keep drawing and grow into a really amazing artist. You have some sick talent."

"Thank you, Vivi." he told me and hugged me.

"You're welcome." I smiled as a chuckle left my mouth. "You've got room in that sketchbook of yours, right?"

"I've just started drawing in it."

"Great! I want you to draw Donut. Not now but when you've got time." I said. "If you want to of course."

"Sure." He nodded. "Tomorrow? I barely have class then."

"Okay." I pulled myself up from the chair and messed up his hair which made him groan loudly. "Thank you little brother!"

I walked out of the library where he had been studying with a friend who had just listened to our conversation in silence. I think the name is Bryan or Ryan... I don't remember.

Bryson doesn't mention him a lot. They're friends but not best friends. His best friend is our cousin James. Uncle Harry and aunt Ginny's son. They're in the same year, though James is a year younger.

"Vivi!" I heard Luke shout from behind me as I walked down the hallway to get to the courtyard. I turned around but instead of stopping, I decided to just walk backwards.

"Hi. Did you just get out of class?" I asked. He reached forwards and grabbed my waist harshly, forcing me to stop. My smile faded and I looked at him, kinda scared and confused at the same time.

He placed a hand on my jaw and then roughly kissed me as if he hadn't eaten for years. I was taken back but I kissed him back. I was scared what he'd say or do if I didn't.

"Get a room!" Someone shouted but instead of breaking the kiss, Luke just flipped them off. He pulled me closed and I placed a hand against his chest.

I felt a bit frightened by his sudden decision to kiss me in the middle of the hallway, though I enjoyed the kiss.

He breathed against me as his nails dug into my skin on my waist. "Ow... Luke."

"Shut up." He ordered and broke the kiss to look at my eyes. "You're mine, Vivi. Do you understand that?"

He looked crazy. His eyes were flicking frantically between my eyes and my lips and his breath was heavy. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes." I hurried to say. I placed a hand on the side of his neck and tried to smile comforting at him. "You know I love you, Luke. Only you."

"You fucking belong to me." He cursed before he grabbed my wrist harshly and pulled me with him into the nearest classroom that was currently empty as Lunch was about to start. As soon as he slammed the door shut, he turned around and as he turned, his hand came in contact with my cheek, so hard that I stumbled back and lost my balance which made me fall to the floor.

I looked up at him in shock, pressing a hand to my cheek to soothe the area. He had never hit me before. He had pulled my arm and held my wrist a tad too hard but he had never actually laid a hand on me.

I felt something warm on my lip and my mouth started tasting like metal. I was bleeding.

"Fuck." Luke cursed and rubbed his eyes with his thumb and index. "I'm sorry."

He walked closer to me and I automatically backed up until my back hit the wall. He crouched in front of me. His expression was softer but his eyebrows had come together in a frown.

"I'm sorry." He repeated before he grabbed my jaw gently to look at the bruise I just knew was forming on my lip. "I didn't mean to do that. You just piss me off sometimes. I saw you talk to Simon Jordan this morning. He was smiling at you and it makes me fucking crazy. You're mine and he should know not to talk to what's mine."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I was absolutely terrified of him right now. He had never laid a hand on me. They were right. They were all so fucking right about him.

"Get away from me." I spat. I pushed him away from me, then got myself off the floor. As I made my way towards the door, he suddenly grabbed me and when I screamed, he clamped a hand over my mouth before pressing me against the wall.

"Don't fucking walk away from me!" He hissed. "I said I was sorry! What more could you possibly want?!"

I was crying. I just couldn't help it. He scared me so much. The way he had hit me, the way he grabbed me. The way he's got me pinned against the wall. When he removed his hand, he looked at it. There was blood on it from my lip.

He looked at me and then his hand came in contact with my cheek again but this time even harder and I gasped at the contact, then closing my eyes. My cheek was stinging with pain.

"Never walk away from me again." he whispered as he moved closer, lips near my ear. "Understood? Cause if you do, I will hurt you much worse."

He kissed the spot right under my ear, then stepped back and let go of me, gesturing towards my face. "You better find some excuse for that. If you tell anyone... you'll regret it."