38. The Deception

Before scrolling down & reading,

What do you think? Who deceived whom?

✨ Words count : 4215 ✨

✿◍•~•✿•~•◍✿

Ananya walked in drawing everyone's attention, following by her four teammates who had Pooja Mehta and a man in late twenties along with them.

Pooja Mehta!!

The 'Lady Hitler' for Maheswari brothers!

Her face held no remorse but a tinge of disappointment on getting caught, maybe just before the accomplishment of her goal. But does it matter? No! She had made all her moves and she holds no regrets now. She had the Maheswari Empire in her hands now.

'Still the Hitler mode.' Laksh thought.

"Welcome to Maheswari Mansion, Ms. Mehta!" Ananya smirked. "They had been expecting you from long."

Pooja had managed to dodge her visit to Maheswari Mansion. But what she didn't know was her being constantly followed by one of Arvind's teammate from the last two days. Her last chance got dropped when her conversation was heard by the Maheswari family through the call which she assumed disconnected; Arvind had ordered Ananya to get her chased without any delay.

And she was here! Yet silence prevailed in the hall; an unwelcomed silence instead of the expected explosion. Sangita and Ragini glanced the woman while Purvi approached her in long strides and slapped tightly across her cheek.

"W-Why?" The only word Purvi could utter; even though she wanted to scream at her, let her know how she deceived her sister.

"Why not?" Pooja asked in a calm demeanor clearly not affected by the sudden turn of events. She had expected it someday. "I did nothing wrong to you, did I? Even if I did, you shouldn't be affected like this! I'm not your sister, am I?"

"For me, you were! You are, Pooja!" Purvi let out an anguished yelp. She couldn't bring herself to dislike or hate the woman in front of her, her sister!

"Aww Purvi, you're such a good girl. But it's not necessary that others also are. I'm still being good enough to be a family member and handle your empire, right! Believe me! I knew this day would come soon and I'm not that disappointed. I got what I wanted and the climax cannot be rushed. Don't worry, it will happen on time." Pooja let out a sly smile while a tint of moisture appeared in her eyes.

"Ahhaaa.... I don't want typical interrogation segment here, please!" She raised her hand to stop Arvind. "I have my own ways in everything, even in revelation. I know your questions and I will answer them without your efforts. Well, I'm impressed! You look like a birdie but you're a silent lioness, Ananya Gupta!"

"I agree but you can appreciate later, Pooja. I think you should start---" Ragini's voice was grim and demanding.

"Ragini! Ragini! You were my favourite.. I wanted you as a pawn but you tried, no actually played smart!" Pooja smirked raising her hands for slow claps while the man besides her joined her smirking.

She turned to DP as her face became stern and gaze, piercing.

"Mr. Durgaprasad Maheswari! Great to see you once again, personally. It's because of you, mostly, I had come this far and honestly, I'm grateful! But what to do! My hatred for you always beats my gratitude. And that, that made me a Mehta, the now sly confident business woman.

What do you think is the reason of the current situation Mr. Maheswari? Or should I call DP uncle like good old days?" She titled her head to side facing DP and Annapurna and laughed mocking.