~ 56 ~

That's when I remembered that I had never locked the door. I looked at it without him noticing. He grabbed my waist from behind and I tried not to shiver from his touch. "I know what you're thinking.." he spoke out.
I didn't respond.
"You're thinking that I'm a monster."

I was relieved that he didn't truly know what I was thinking, but I played along. It wasn't that hard though, because that was also a thought I had at that moment.
"You told me yourself from the beginning. You've done anything you could to make me fear you. I don't understand what you want from me." I said trying to stay as calm as possible.
"I don't have a particular goal with it or you darling, I just do whatever the fuck I wanna do or feel like at that moment." I felt Jungkook's hand slip away from my waist as he walked towards the wall that had those words on it.

"You know what these words mean." He spoke as he pointed at the sentence that was written with my own blood. "You don't have a choice. And do you know who else doesn't?" He looked at me. I didn't say anything but shook my head slightly.
"I don't." He said as his eyes darkened.
I looked at the sentence and then at him. "What do you mean, you do have a choice.. You can pick whether you want to be a good or a bad person. You made your pick to be here and to kill Seokjin. You made your pick to own me like a fucking dog-"
I stopped talking as soon as he rushed towards me and grabbed my chin.
"Try being abandoned by your own family.. According to them I was too good. I couldn't kill anyone back then, I just couldn't. I soon figured out that the only way to gain respect was to become intimidating. How does one become that way darling? By killing. Even if your heart tells you that what you're doing is not right. My heart doesn't say that anymore though. Do you know why.."

"Because you killed, hurt and betrayed so much that it doesn't hurt anymore. It makes you feel powerful and that's the only feeling you remember and like now." I said angrily. "And now that you know that I don't fear death anymore and that you can't use it against me, you kill my friends and threaten them instead because you know that that's how you can break me."

"And it will be like that until the end of time.." he smirked and let go of me.
"Jungkook.. Can you explain something to me.." I asked him.
He looked at me.
"Why do sirens kill humans in the first place.."

"Because you're as much of a threat to us as we are to you.." he spoke as he turned around to look at the wall again as if it was some sort of trophy he owned. That whole answer was such bullshit.. He kept talking as I looked at the door again. There was no way of getting off this island, but maybe if I found Jimin or Taehyung and told them about Seokjin's death they would protect me.. it was the only hope I had left.

"And why is that.." I spoke out without even listening to Jungkook. I tried to get him to keep talking so that I could try to run away. I silently walked towards the door that luckily wasn't that far away from me and opened it as silently as I could. He didn't even notice that I was leaving. it almost seemed too good to be true..

when I was on the other side of the door I heard that he had stopped talking. Fuck. I had to run my legs off now..