29

Faline is looking for anything strange or unnatural that could be her best friend, Lydia Martin, who had disappeared from the hospital.

The witch walks through the cemetery, trying to stay discreet as the gravedigger is at work. Faline whirls around as she hears loud, thunderous footsteps behind her. Something grabs Faline's arm, yanking her harshly and she screams, yanking her arm away before running towards the digger.

"Faline, are you alright?" Isaac asks, hopping from the digger as he spots a distressed Faline.

"Something grabbed me," Faline says as Isaac holds her arms to steady her. "And I saw the light so I ran"

"What the hell?" Isaac asks and Faline spots a clawed hand.

Her eyes widen, that could be Lydia.

"Stay behind me," Faline says and holds her hand out when a creature comes running. "VENTUS!"

A gust of wind blows the creature back and Faline pushes Isaac into the grave.

"SOL"

A bright light exudes from Faline's hand and causes the creature to shriek and lunge for Faline, pushing her in beside Isaac.

"How did you do that?" Isaac asks.

"No time to explain," Faline says. "Stay down and stay quiet, it might leave"

The pair watch in horror as the creature pushes the machinery Isaac was just using on top of the grave they were in. Isaac uses his body to cover Faline as glass rains down on the pair.

The pair quietly peer over the edge of the grave as a figure digs into the grave of a 'Colette S. Knight'. Isaac ducks back down but Faline stays watching until the creature rips something out of the corpse and begins to put it near its mouth.

Faline drops next to Isaac and a loud roar sound overhead before the digger begins to lift. Isaac uses his body to shield Faline as a pair of booted feet walk to the edge of the grave.

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice sounds from above.

"Derek," Faline says as Isaac slumps back afraid. "Derek isn't the bad guy"

Derek offers his hand and pulls Faline up and out of the grave.

"Are you hurt?" Derek asks.

"Besides my ego, no not really," Faline says. "What was that thing?"

"No idea," Derek says. "But I'm guessing it's not good, it looked like a rabid wolf"

Faline is stood with Sheriff Stilinski, Isaac, and his father. Isaac had graciously given Faline his jacket as they had been stood there being interrogated all night.

"It's Lahey, Isaac Lahey," Isaac says.

"You work for your father, Isaac?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"When he's not in school," Mr. Lahey says. "Which is where he needs to be along with his new friend in twenty minutes"

"Yeah, I understand that," Mr. Stilinski says. "But I've got a missing teenage girl and our K-9 unit led us here. She's not wearing any clothes and if she's out here tonight, and the temperature really drops-"

"I'm sorry. I didn't see anything" Isaac says.

"I was looking for Lydia," Faline says. "Stiles rang"

"Trust me," Mr. Lahey says. "If he saw a naked girl outside a computer screen, he'd remember"

Faline and the Sheriff give Mr. Lahey disgusted looks as Isaac puts his head down clearly embarrassed by his father's cruel jokes.

"How'd you get that black eye, Isaac?" Mr. Stilinski asks, eyeing Mr. Lahey suspiciously.

"School," Isaac says and Mr. Lahey looks at him. Faline's eyes narrow at the man and opens her mouth to say something but Mr. Stilinski stops her.

"School fight?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"No, lacrosse" Isaac replies.

"Lacrosse?" Mr. Stilinski asks. "You play for Beacon Hills?"

"Yeah," Isaac says.

"My son plays for the team," Mr. Stilinski says. "Well, I mean, he's on the team. He doesn't typically play. Not yet"

Faline follows Isaac's line of sight to see Derek who nods at her before quickly vanishing when Mr. Stilinski turns around trying to spot what the two teenagers were staring at.

"Something wrong you two?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"No," Faline and Isaac say.

"I was just remembering, I have a morning practice to get to," Isaac says.

"Just one more question," Mr. Stilinski says. "You guys get many grave robberies here?"

"A few," Isaac says. "Usually, they just take stuff like jewelry"

"What'd this one take?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"Her liver," Isaac says.

Sheriff Stilinski drops off Faline in the cruiser and tells her to call him if she remembers anything else.

"Faline " Stiles runs over. "What happened?"

"Like you, both don't already know," Faline says.

"She ate the liver?" Scott asks.

"I don't think it was Lydia," Faline says but the boys ignore her.

"I didn't say she ate it," Stiles says. "I just said it was missing and even if she did so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body"

"I never ate anyone's liver," Scott says. "Did you?"

"Well I'm not a wolf," Faline says. "I'm a witch. Bloodlust isn't really my trait"

"When it comes to werewolves, you're a role model of self-control," Stiles says, and Faline snickers. "Actually, hold on you're the test case for this. So we should be going over what happened to you"

"What was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What were you drawn to?"  Stiles asks.

"Allison" Scott says and Faline rolls her eyes.

"So it turned Scott into a literal horny bitch" Faline says. "Nothing else? Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered," Scott says. "But, no, that's good though right? Cause the night that Lydia was a bit, she was with you"

"Yeah but she was looking for Jackson," Stiles says before pointing at the Porsche driving boy who steps out confidently and he waves at Faline who waves back.