Chapter 1:Back to the start

"Lin Qingge, if you want to bring shame to the Lin family for the sake of a man, then you don't have to be a part of this family anymore. From today onwards we are no longer father and son!"

Qingge lay in bed remembering his father's words and how the other had cussed him out in the morning. The man was a gold digger and only married his mother for her wealth. Her body was barely cold before he shamelessly remarried.

Qingge looked up and surveyed his surroundings. He couldn't help but sigh in his heart after taking a look around. He was only beaten a bit by his father but it was still enough to cause him to black out and be sent to the hospital.

He remembered it was the same in the previous timeline as well. No one in his family wanted him back. Lin Chengyu, his father, was particularly intent on severing their familial ties. His family took the opportunity while he was in the hospital to pack up his belongings and sent a family steward to deliver his things.

Qingge had no doubt that his mother planned for this day. Rumor was it his maternal grandmother had the ability to see into the future. How else could he explain why his mother left him so many options. The so called "parents love their sons and so think deeply about their future." It was a pity though that his mother fell in love with the wrong person. Chengyu wasn't worthy of her at all.

Qingge reached out and touched the bracelet on his wrist. A boy wearing a bracelet was a little strange, but then again this bracelet with its own dimensional space, was also a little strange. He didn't believe it when his mother told him about it; he was after all a young boy living in the twentieth century. Honestly how could he? This was practically something from a xianxia novel. So his mother made him prick his finger a little and place the blood on the bracelet. He humored her and did so. To his shock, the act bound the bracelet to him, acknowledging him as its owner and allowing him to view the hidden dimensional space inside. Although the space inside was only about fifty meters, it was still fifty meters of secure space.

Though his mother's family was on the decline, when she married his father she still had a sizeable dowry. This bracelet was one of the items in it.

She gave it to him as a gift when he was younger and since then he had always worn it. Thinking about the items in the bracelet reminded him of Liu Yang.

He was incredibly stupid in his previous life and believed all the sweet nothings Liu Yang said to him. If he was more prudent and kept his head straight, he would not have lost all his money and ended up so poor.

Yujing was the person who helped him when he was at his lowest. It was because of Yujing that he was able to break away from Liu Yang and finally be at ease.

His mother helped to sponsor Yujing when he was orphaned. His full name was Duan Yujing and his parents died in a car accident when he was fifteen. He was left alone to care for his younger brother who was six at the time. Though this brother was his father's illegitimate child, Yujing was devoted to raising the little guy. He tried his best to develop his business to support the two of them. Although the business he built from the ground up was precious to him, he risked it all against the Lin family and nearly went bankrupt in the process.

Qingge recalled his memories of Yujing and the first time they met. It was at a festival; he was ten and Yujing was fifteen. Later on Yujing had sent him a simple card with some general greetings written inside. The second time was when he was leaving the hospital after his father disowned him. He was eighteen then and intended to go with Liu Yang but fainted on the road partway. Yujing came and tried to convince his past self to go with him. Of course he was not convinced and instead chose to follow Liu Yang. The third time they met was in the hospital. Yujing came for two reasons: the first was to take care of him and the second was to get him justice from the Lin family and from Liu Yang. In fact, he spent quite a bit of money and years of hard work to accomplish this goal.