Chapter 2: Why don't you tell me how to follow you?

Qingge was laying in bed bored as he stared up at the ceiling when his door suddenly opened. Yujing walked in wearing a dark casual suit and a solemn expression on his face. His suit fit him well and showed off his wide shoulders, narrow waist and long legs. It made people take note of his face, deep facial features and beautiful eyes. He walked in and headed straight for Qingge. Hm? Wasn't he supposed to come tomorrow? In his first life, Qingge would go and find Liu Yang himself after being discharged and the trio would end up meeting along the way. But that wouldn't happen until tomorrow. Why was he here earlier by a whole day?

Qingge looked at the man in front of him. His temperament was still good despite having a difficult childhood where he had to struggle tremendously just to survive. He had the ability to overcome adversity and rise up. Some people had that kind of strength, while others, even if you gave them a company and made them president, would never become anything more than small fry. And Liu Yang was the smallest fry ever.

Qingge was angry and distressed. Who was Liu Yang? Would he have been able to handle it? Probably not!

"You are...?" Qingge wanted to present a good image so he tried to sit up to greet Yujing properly. This was technically the second time the two had ever met, at least in this life anyways. From his previous life, he knew that he held a special place in Yujing's heart. Would Yujing confess this time as well? And if so, how should he answer? Should he hesitate and be a bit reserved or should he immediately agree, pack his bags and go home with him?

It was a pity that Qingge forgot to consider the reality of his weakass body and its need for IV drips. Just as he sat up, envisioning Yujing's confession, his hand pulled the needle, yanking the IV bag towards him and slamming it straight into his face.

"Careful." Yujing thought he would see a decadent youth lounging in bed, who would have guessed that said youth would actually try to greet him properly? He helped reposition the IV bag and its stand before bringing a pillow over to help Qingge prop himself up.

After pouring a glass of water he thought about how to start the conversation. "Do you remember me? I'm Duan Yujing, I promised your mother I'd take care of you. Will you come back with me?"

Qingge stopped the glass part way to his lips and blinked a few times. In what world is this considered a confession? "Eh? No, sorry. You're a stranger. I can't go with a stranger." He was not budging unless he heard a full on confession! Living with someone in that way just wouldn't be right. Qingge was very traditional. You didn't live together unless you were in a declared committed relationship! He hadn't lived together with Liu Yang in his previous life exactly because Liu Yang never declared his intentions toward him. Liu Yang only said that he liked him. In reality he was treated more like an atm and was coaxed by pretty words to part with all his money.

His nose turned sour and his eyes got a little red from remembering his foolish self. Was it so unreasonable to want a thoughtful lover? If Liu Yang couldn't do it, then he shouldn't have pretended!

Yujing felt helpless upon seeing Qingge's aggrieved expression. He wondered if his words were that bad. Did Qingge think he didn't are? He used a tissue to wipe Qingge's tears. "Qingge do you really not remember me? I'm Yujing. Auntie introduced us once. Remember? I really like you. Come home with me OK? I promise to take good care of you."

Qingge sniffed, his eyes still red. "What did you just say?" The confession came too fast and was too basic! What about the good parts? The sweet words! The promises! There needed to be a good and proper declaration.

Yujing's face took on a hint of color as he smiled and looked at Qingge. There was warmth and tenderness in his eyes as he reached out and held Qingge by the shoulders. He spoke earnestly, "I said I, Duan Yujing, like you, Lin Qingge. I want to take care of you and be with you for the rest of our lives. Are you willing?"