14 | state of confusion

Jay~

Jay~

"Jake's my boyfriend now! I don't think I can tell you the details, but it was just wonderful. He's literally my dream guy." Ally kicked the air while telling me about their date.

"I didn't even ask, but okay." I rolled my eyes and went back to playing games on the computer.

"Is my best friend jealous? You have a girlfriend though, but you never hang out with her." She patted my back and I just sighed. The last thing I would ever want from Ally is pity.

"She's busy. I'm trying to be very understanding and work around her schedule. That's what you told me, right? You told me to care about the girl for once, not just myself." I pressed hard on the keyboard and killed many zombies in just one hit.

"You're her boyfriend though, I think she should put more effort into the relationship. Oh well," she shrugged. "You've changed a lot though... in a good way! Congrats."

"Was I really that bad before?" I turned off the PC and stood up, walking closer to Ally until her back hit the wall.

"It's not... you just, you know- I think you've just gotten a bit more mature." She couldn't even look me in the eyes anymore. My chest began to ache, so I finally made some distance.

"I'm being like this because of you."

What the hell am I saying? Why am I feeling this way?

"I just gave a suggestion... I didn't think you'd actually do it. You're so stubborn." She finally looked at me and we locked eyes. I don't even know what to say. We're so used to bickering like this, it's not even surprising at this point.

"I'm confused," I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. "I'm not really sure what I feel."

"Then go talk to her! Why are you getting mad at me?"

No, idiot.

I'm not really sure what I feel for you.

__________________________

Ally~

Jay has been acting so strange lately. I've asked him what's wrong, but he's been keeping it all to himself. He already knows that it's fine to tell me.

"How about this... we go on a double date? We can go to like an amusement park or something. Ask her when she's free, then we can arrange something." I suggested and he just loudly sighed.

"Why are you helping me again? I wanted to be independent for once." He cracked his knuckles and I cringed at the sound.

"If I leave you completely alone, then what kind of friend am I? I'm not an asshole. Plus, it would be so much fun!" I even got excited by just thinking of it.

"Your boyfriend might get annoyed." He huffed under his breath.

"No he won't! Jake wouldn't mind." I answered with no hesitation.

"Are you Jake?" He sarcastically answered, and I swear I wanted to smack him right then and there. Since when has Jay's face look so smackable?

I grabbed a pillow and unexpectedly hit his face with it. He won't die! We always have pillow fight anyways... oh gosh.

After I put down the pillow, Jay looked very mad. He then grabbed another one and whispered "game on".

He began chasing me around the room, and I screamed while running for my life. My foot suddenly stub the end of his desk, making me let out the loudest cry of despair.

"What did you do?" Jay kneeled down and looked at my stub toe. While I cried and breathed heavily, he took out the first aid kit and began cleaning it. "You lost a toenail... it's bleeding a lot."

"What?!" I looked down and it's just a little bit of blood. My toenail is still there looking completely fine. "Not funny!"

"Not funny!" Jay sarcastically impersonated me. He's been extra annoying today as well- is he on his man period?

"I hope you get karma! Your toe will get stubbed too very soon, I'm manifesting it." I stuck my tongue out and he just smirked.

"I would kiss your booboo better, but I'm not kissing your toes. Can I kiss you somewhere else then?" He commented while looking dead serious.

"I don't want any kisses from you-" before I could even finish my sentence, he quickly pecked my forehead.

What the hell was that?

__________________________

EN-CONNECT THIS WEEKEND YESSSS

⭐️

Song: jeebanoff (지바노프) — it's so hard for me (내겐 너무 힘들어)

(LYRICS: he talks about how it's hard for him because other guys are looking at her. He doesn't want to forget her because he's not ready, but it's time to start letting go)