Chapter 2

Louis invited me over to his house, I could not say no to him. Well, I frankly don't wanna say no to him.

Unlike how I met Nicole, I encountered Louis a bit later, he moved from Italy to Atlanta a few years ago. He was born in America but his mom is Italian. He has been moving around quite a lot.

The fact that he is half Italian makes him so much more attractive. Is it obvious I'm crushing on him? Nicole would murder me.
I would never want to do something that could ruin our friendship and I doubt he feels the same way.

I walk to his house all the time, we live quite near. His family is like my second family. His sister Gabriela loves me, it's just because I always bring her a gift. This time I brought some glazed donuts for her. She is the cutest nine-year-old girl.

I ring the bell and his family greets me, I don't see Gabriela so I just give the donuts to her parents, with a cute little note.

"Donut worry, be happy ♡ "

I enter Louis' room and he is laying on his bed looking at a movie and he stands up when he sees me and comes to hug me. I'd never let go of his warm hug. It feels like home.

"You sure took a lot of time to come here," he says and giggles.

"You told me to come right after work, I was so tired!" I say while I lay down on his bed and he sits near me.

"Well, I hope you aren't too tired, Nicole is dragging us to a party."

"A party? Since when did we start going to parties?" Nicole is always so full of surprises.

"Her cousin's friend is turning 21 and he said he would offer everyone a drink," he explains excitedly

"And don't tell me you want to drink now? I don't know if it's a good idea."

"Oh stop, Ronnie, one drink won't kill you. You are always so tense," he says jokingly and puts a hand on my thigh. I know it was accidentally, but I felt butterflies in my stomach and maybe somewhere else too.

He quickly lifts it as he sees me looking down at his hand. When did things become so awkward? I'm worried I'll give away my feelings and ruin our friendship and I'm not sure Nicole would forgive us. She thinks friends should be just friends, otherwise, they might lose the friendship forever.

I take some time to think but honestly, I want to go. "Alright. We are going. When is it?" I sigh.

~

"Mom?" I scream and I get no response. I haven't yet asked my parents if I can go to the party. I won't tell them I'm going to a 21 years old man's house, or that I'm going to drink.

Just a little, though.

It's not the first time I drink but I didn't think I'd do it again as I'm not the best drinker.

"Veronica!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs and I go to her. "Did you call me?" she asks.

"Yes, I just wanted to ask you something. Hopefully, you will say yes." I look at her with my best puppy eyes. They usually work. She looks quite reluctant.

"Can I go to a birthday party? This girl from school is turning 17 and she invited us."

"Does she live near us? We could take you there if you want. I'm okay with you going, we trust you!" She puts a hand on my back and I just nod and hug her tight.

I might not have my biological parents but I won the jackpot with my adoptive family, they are the best and God knows what kind of degenerates my biological parents are.

I go upstairs and immediately video call Nicole and Louis to let them know.

"I'm so happy we are going, James is going too!" Nicole squeals.

"Oh God, Nicole, please stop. I thought you were tired of him?!"

"Ronnie, just leave it, she doesn't get it," Louis shrugs. He is so over this subject.

"You two don't understand a thing about love, he likes me. He told me he does," she raises her voice and then hangs up. She seems disappointed in us, but we care so much about her and she has to hear the truth.

I'm alone in the call with Louis and it's already awkward, I just look at his chocolate-colored hair, his beautiful oak brown eyes, and full pink lips. Jesus, I need to stop.

"Why are you staring?" he asks.

"Oh, no, I'm just... looking at the phone." I shift uncomfortably. "I have to go, later, Louis."

I hang up before he even says goodbye.