Chapter 1

Genesis' POV

I panted as I ran from the trap with Kahlil to the car. Jumping in the passenger seat, I pulled out my gun and start shooting the opps. As Kahlil drove I watched as others from our side start firing shots, dropping dead bodies. While I was putting my gun away I glanced down my leg to realise from the rush of adrenaline I was shot. Kahlil looked down at me and also realised the gunshot wound and gave me a T-shirt to apply pressure, hissing from the contact I wrap the T-shirt around my thigh and waited to get to my apartment.

When I finished high school there wasn't anything I could do or that I wanted to do. I was smart but not the type to get straight A's but I just wanted to chill my way through life because shit is stressful. I have one friend who I hang out with daily due to me hating new people in my life. Kahlil was my nigga from childhood, we did everything together we sell together, we shoot people together that's family.

Due to my dad retiring when I was 15 from the street life and wanting to find peace, my momma dipped because he wasn't giving her money to blow on expensive shit anymore, I always knew she was a gold digger but that was the icing on the cake.

I didn't care really I was always independent but I had a good relationship with my dad and my little sister Ariana, she was still in high school. My dad hated my thug lifestyle, he believed it to be 'dangerous', hypocrite ass, so I work in his casino part time but I still sell.

Relationship wise, I had one serious girlfriend, we was real good but she gives her pussy out there freely so I had to cut her off. Ever since then I don't do serious relationships.

Arriving at my apartment, I get out my keys and throw it to Kahlil so he can go in and get the first aid kit while take my time limping to the door. Stepping in I see a seat ready for me probably by Kahlil , I lower myself onto the chair while hissing. Kahlil walks towards me- ready to clean my wound.

"You good Gen?" He chuckles while going on his knees removing the T-shirt wrapped around my leg.

"Shut up and clean my shit" I say through gritted teeth while mugging him at the same time. He sighs and uses the the disinfectant liquid to pour on the wound.

"You fucking dic-" I shout before I'm cut off when he uses the tweezer looking tool and digs into the wound to take out the bullet. I close my eyes to even my breathing, which distracts me as he continues digs around and finally pulls the bullet out .

"It's out " he says while smirking as I mug him for the shit he just pulled, he continues stitch up the wound and dress it.

" You fucked up for that shit " I say as he gets up from his knees and looks up at me at me apologetically and mouths 'sorry'. Sighing, I get up from the seat at the door and head over to the living room while Kahlil cleans up the blood from the floor. I sit on the couch take in the design of the room from glass coffee table to the grey carpet to the grey furniture to the 65 inch TV. Whilst looking around I saw how messy the place was due to me rarely being here.

" Shit I need to clean " I mumble not before realising I needed to talk about the shootout earlier with Kahlil, speaking of him. He walked in with Cheetos in one hand and water in the other.

"You ever stop eating fatty?" I question him, he looks up at me and flicks me off.

"Someone set us up deadass" I continue while turning on the TV.

"Yeah there was talk bout some nigga you done dirty" he paused to think "Tyrone? ... yeah he wanted your head. I think he involved but I'll call Damien to tell him. " Damien was basically the Kingppin but he never told me to do anything. I'm not with ordering me around and shit. Tyrone was a thorn in my side that needed to die soon.

My phone starts ringing, glancing at the caller ID a sigh escapes my lips as I answer it .

" Yo Pops" I say as I hear the shuffling in the background.

" Lil boy I've been calling your ass for hours, where you been" he stopped what he was doing and replied.

" The trap was being shot at -" he mumbled a line of curse words before I continued "I was shooting at the opps and I was shot in my leg " I started getting mad by just thinking about it, I'm going to kill Tyrone.

" Boy I told your ass not to get involved in none of that anymore" sighing he continued " anyways you seem fine so hurry up and get down to the casino some important person is going to turn up soon so I need you down here now" I expected him to mad but maybe because the wound wasn't bad.
"Ight " shrugging I hung up and turned to face an eager looking Kahlil

"Are we going to the casino? " He asked as he stared at me.
"Yeah" I mumble not wanting to deal with none of this shit. After 20 minutes of me showering, eating etc. Kahlil and I was on our way to the casino.

When we pulled up and I looked around and spotted an unusual car. It was a sports car, I stared at it with furrowed brows only because I know all the usual customers and I ain't never seen that before. Taking note to ask pops, Kahlil walks in with me and we go straight to my dads office. I open the door because I don't knock and I see this dark skin man look up at me. He has on a suit and it looks expensive, he was probably the owner to the car. He kept looking at me, I don't know what it was but he got me annoyed.
" Son this is the customer I was talking about earlier. Lorenzo Almanzer" pops says while giving me the 'play nice or else' look, the man gets up and shit he's tall he give my body a one over while licking his lips.

" Nice to meet you " He says smirking and outstretches his hand for me to shake but I'm still aggravated from him looking at me like I'm some bitch like he wanted to fuck me and I'm not gay. Kahlil on the side chuckling like shits funny, I buck at him and he steps back. I look back to the man in front of me and my only reply to him was shaking his hand.

---------------------------
tell me how y'all feel about this. Is it boring or interesting?
Comment and Vote xx