18.

The snow has completely melted, leaves on trees start to grow back and flowers start to bloom. The water in the lake is no longer frozen and animals started to wake up from their hibernation.

It was now spring.

My eyes flutter open and my first sight was Jay. He was still asleep. His face looked peaceful and calm. I run my hands through his hair and down his face.

This is my King and forever will be.

I felt Jay's arm pull me towards him closing off any space between us.

I giggled.

"Good morning my king"

Jay's eyes were still asleep but he smiled. He liked it when I called him that.

"Good morning" He hummed. Kissing the top of my head. "What do you want to do today?"

Hmm what do I want to do? I lifted my head away from Jay and looked out the window. There was a green field in the distance with a forest behind it.

"I want to go out and explore"

Sunghoon got out horses from the barn. I asked if he wanted to join but refused as he had work to do.

It was still a little bit cold outside but the sun was able to warm us up. It was the perfect weather.

The feeling of the wind on my face while my hair flies backwards as the horse starts to run faster was indescribable.

Everything about my life in this world was perfect. There were no complications, no work, no arguments, no loneliness, nothing. It felt too good to be true but at the same time it felt so real. There's no reason for me to go back to a world full of so much complication, with people who don't know my name, to a world of depression and sadness.

My horse slowed down and came to a stop where Jay was. We were under the tree's with the view of a field of flowers. It was magical.

We sat by on a hill taking in the amazing view in front of us.

"Are you excited?" Jay asked looking at me.

"For what?"

"There will be a ball held tomorrow in the castle."

"Oh what's the occasion?"

"I want the whole kingdom to know of you."

I felt my heart jump.

"Sunghoon is announcing the kingdom today."

That explains why he was busy. And of course I'm excited. I get to sit where the royals sit, up the flight of stairs in the ballroom.

"Do you think they'll like me?" It would be difficult if they didn't like me.

"Of course they'd like you, either way they don't have a choice." I laughed knowing what he meant. He'd force it into people's minds that they will like me.

We both sat at the spot, talked for a bit, ate and rode back the castle late in the afternoon.

It was the day of the ball, one of the maids showed me a room that was filled with dresses, heels and accessories.

There were so many that it was hard to decide which to pick. I can't even pick a favourite colour and this closet had all the colours.

I settled on a baby pink dress that had floral patterns on it. I picked white heels to with it and some diamonds accessories.

Now to actually put on the dress. I was able to find a corset that fit me and that I could wear under the dress.

I slid myself into the dress which was a little difficult since I was alone. Eventually I gave up on putting the dress on myself and asked if one of them maids could help tie the strings together and put on my heels. They were so nice, giving me a genuine smile. They were about my age maybe a bit older. They treated me as if I was an ordinary person that wanted help. But they were somewhat formal with me.

I made my way down the hallway and into the ballroom where Jay was waiting. I was nervous, I hadn't worn anything fancy since the ball ages ago.

Two guards opened the door for me, I walked into the empty ballroom.

I looked up to the royal seats and saw two pair of eyes; Jay and Sunghoon's.

A smile was shown on Sunghoon's face while Jay's face was shocked to see me.

It made me nervous, was there something on my face. I looked away and started touching my face for any crumbs or dust. I didn't realise that Jay had come down until he placed a hand on my hands.

"You look beautiful."

{08/11/20}

the story gets interesting for here, sorry if it's a bit boring.

edited...